What's new

Does anyone still build?

Originally when I started it was the glorious Ego stock coils, then Evod and after that the Aerotank. Stock coils back then were largely inconsistent and expensive.
Then I found the rebuildable options which were a godsend. More flavour, longevity and damn cheap in comparison.
I’ve pretty much stuck with building my own since but after trying some of the newer stock coils (in particular EUC ceramics) pre made coils have come on leaps and bounds, great flavour, consistent and they last.
So the future for me is a mix of both I guess, I still think a good rebuildable option edges in the flavour department.

There’s something so wonderfully cathartic about building a coil.

I pop in a premade Clapton from time to time, but I’m still to work out if it’s a better vape than a normal coil. I’m not sure it is.

That's a good point actually. I only use chunky coils in drippers because to me, they just look better. And subjectively, bigger clouds. But taste, i am not 100% sure that it's heaps beyond just a simple spaced coil.

For me i switched back to RDA’s because I was having terrible stomach problems which I won’t detail here and I had a think about it and realised that it started when I stopped using RDA’s. Now I’m back on drippers and giving the coils a good amount of wattage The problems have stopped. I think it could have been small bits of non vapourised juice making its way to my stomach.

For me, Drop or Bonza. Haven't gotten around to get a "high end" dripper yet, not using them enough to justify splurging on one. Love the Bonza.

So, which RDA's are you enjoying?

At the minute Im enjoying the Dead Rabbit, so easy to coil. The drip tip id a wee bit shallow but the draw is pretty smooth and I’m getting good flavour and dare i say it... clouds [emoji23]

Enjoying the drop myself, but it's a wee touch finnicky for flavour and relies on you getting the coil and wicking spot on.

Yeah, coil placement in the Drop is pretty important, Bonza is easier to get nice results (imo). And i do like the Airflow on the Bonza better, it's just soooo smooth. Like ridiculously smooth.

Enjoying the drop myself, but it's a wee touch finnicky for flavour and relies on you getting the coil and wicking spot on.

Was talking to the lad in the B&M about the drop yesterday. Need a dripper to go on my Rev so thats next on the list [emoji1303]

For me, the drop shines with 24AWG Ni80 on 2.5mm ID, coils toward the middle, as much cotton as you can get in without blocking the airflow between the posts.

Hopefully the photos give you a starting point...

IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1154.JPG

Back
Top Bottom