What's new

Does anyone still build?

Good to see you back @geordievaper - that was a long break :D On the pods a lot of the time, waiting for one that you can stick your own little coils in... Apart from that 0.7ohm build in the Exocet in the BB and odds and sods on the squonkers.

i still nock out fused claptons with the trusty drill by hand
never manage to anything fancy mind apart from a staggered fused clapton and tbh was not worth the trouble
using ss cores and kanthal outa wraps seem to work well in tc on the dna,s
use 0.1 wrapped round 0.2 kanthal clapton in the mini fogger for a lush mtl vaap in the gizmo
i think apart from the no i didn't buy it pride when asked is you can tailor the coil to what you need
have to admit this newish flat wire is good but if your gonna try it get the smaller stuff as it ohms out pretty low in ss but ramps up ruddy fast

Been happy with the same sort of simple kanthal builds I have been using since my first few months vaping on protank minis.
I have no interest in paying for stock coils or exploring complicated coils.
I am happy keeping things simple and cheap that is not going to change whatever vape fashions come and go.
Single or dual kanthal coils about 1ohm more or less in drippers or the odd tank.

Only use rda's, so always build, simple stuff, normally 24g flatwire, ni80 or ss for fast ramp up on a mech squonker...

Good to see you back @geordievaper - that was a long break :D On the pods a lot of the time, waiting for one that you can stick your own little coils in... Apart from that 0.7ohm build in the Exocet in the BB and odds and sods on the squonkers.

Haha yeah im back now though and loving vaping again [emoji23]

Building coils is one of the things I most enjoy about vaping, I love to waste a couple of hours making coils and rewicking my tanks even sometimes when they don't really need it just because I can!! Very simple Kanthal coils though, nothing fancy.

Back
Top Bottom