What's new

Does anyone actually vape at 200 watts plus?

Some people like to chug Special Brew and some like to sip Lambrini, I suppose it's all just horses for courses. I was just wondering what was of benifit from higher wattage, as an occasional high wattage vaper yourself, in your opinion what do you find it brings? .
With a nice pair of framed staples, shitloads of flavour.
The only downsides are that you can fog the room up pretty quickly so I tend to only use it on one of the terraces or when everyone else has gone to bed, that and you can go through a LOT of juice.
But I just love that big thick mouth and lungful of tasty vapour.

With a nice pair of framed staples, shitloads of flavour.
The only downsides are that you can fog the room up pretty quickly so I tend to only use it on one of the terraces or when everyone else has gone to bed, that and you can go through a LOT of juice.
But I just love that big thick mouth and lungful of tasty vapour.

I'm the same but at times I find I need to slow down or my chest and throat start to burn a little but it goes away once I slow down and ease off a bit.

Well I'm not one of those either. I just did a bit of research and took my best guess and have been fortunate to stumble on a build that's really performing for me but my knowledge is tiny compared to some around here.

Cool, good on you.... my comment wasn't directed at you or anything. I was just saying to @fentribal there's people here that vape like that, so he'd get better advice from them than me. :)

This is the kind of thing that I love about vaping, so much choice, things to learn and try. Back in my smoking days it was 'open the pack, take out a fag, light it' then eventually stub it out, the only variable was 'should I use a lighter or a match to spark it up'!

It’s not just the build though, it’s also the attie. I’ll happily run a set of 8-ply fraliens at 115w on my Loop 1.5 with no problems whatsoever. The same spec of coil on a Drop Dead however, makes the atomiser too hot to put your lips on at anything above 65w or thereabouts. For that attie regular 28g aliens at the same power are a much better fit.

It’s not just the build though, it’s also the attie. I’ll happily run a set of 8-ply fraliens at 115w on my Loop 1.5 with no problems whatsoever. The same spec of coil on a Drop Dead however, makes the atomiser too hot to put your lips on at anything above 65w or thereabouts. For that attie regular 28g aliens at the same power are a much better fit.
Absolutely, I find the Asgard Mini to be a bit warm at high wattages but my Kennedy 25 handles it way better.

With different atty's you've got hardly anything to really go on about what's between the 510 pin and the screw holes for your coils so apart from reading about what other people are doing with that atty it's really a matter of trial and error.

Absolutely, I find the Asgard Mini to be a bit warm at high wattages but my Kennedy 25 handles it way better.
I’ve never tried a Kennedy but I can put a build in the Asgard mini that really sings at 100w or so. I like the look of the Kennedy but am a bit cautious of the lack of airflow control. What’s it like in that regard?

I’ve never tried a Kennedy but I can put a build in the Asgard mini that really sings at 100w or so. I like the look of the Kennedy but am a bit cautious of the lack of airflow control. What’s it like in that regard?
It's fine, you just have to build to accommodate it. Works really well as you place your coils directly above the inlets with about 1-1½mm gap between them. Lots of air to them, lots of flavour and it keeps the temperature down. I've heard that you're pretty handy with coil building so you should have no problem getting the best out of it [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom