What's new

Desire Cut Squonk mod Wattage Problem fix

If anyone's having a problem with their Desire Cut Squonk mod delivering low wattage vape I have found a fix.

I was kindly sent one by @ObiWanVaponi as a 'broken mod' so set about trying to fix it, soon found it to be software issue.

I have the latest Firmware which sorts it out, but the procedure is a faff so rather than me write it all down I will see if anyone needs the fix first, reply if you need the file and procedure writing down.

[QUOTE = "Vapaneezer Scrooge, post: 1999714, członek: 52290"] Jeśli ktoś ma problem z modem Desire Cut Squonk dostarczającym vape o niskiej mocy, znalazłem rozwiązanie.

Zostałem uprzejmie wysłany przez [USER = 54275] @ObiWanVaponi [/ USER] jako „zepsuty mod”, więc postanowiłem go naprawić, wkrótce odkryłem, że to problem z oprogramowaniem.

Mam najnowszą wersję oprogramowania układowego, która to rozwiązuje, ale procedura jest łatwa, więc raczej niż ja to wszystko zapiszę. Zobaczę, czy ktoś najpierw potrzebuje poprawki, odpowiedz, jeśli potrzebujesz pliku i procedury. [/ QUOTE]
On Hello i have problem. Please send me new software to my e-mail address, because I've been fighting this problem for several weeks and nobody can help me, even the desire company

Hello i have problem. Please send me new software to my e-mail address, because I've been fighting this problem for several weeks and nobody can help me, even the desire

Hiya @Marlens I have emailed you the flash file and the Zip just now, good luck with it, I found the procedure via Bing and YouTube as I can't remember how I did it as it's been so long.

Right then, here goes as my memory has faded, it's all to do with the timing..........
  • Open the firmware program "desire-cut-firmware-flash" and the program window pops up.
  • Remove the battery from Cut; Connect the MicroUSB cable with Cut and computer while pressing down the UP and Down key.
**This is the fiddly part, timing has to be spot on, if it fails just keep trying**
  • In the firmware program window, the [Start] button will highlights once the computer detected the Rage;
  • Click [Start] to start the firmware update and then release the UP and DOWN key.
  • Update finishes as the progress bar gets full; Pull off the USB cable and install the battery into Rage, it works.
I have included the firmware zip file, hopefully it will show.

Attachments

• desire-cut-firmware-flash.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
I lost the battery in my phone, but thank you for sending me these materials, I will check if it works, and thank you very much

Hi, I got it and downloaded your zip file. I went through an attempt on both windows to go through the software installation and nothing, the "Start" button is not activated -

This is why I said it's tricky, it's a timing thing and fiddly:

You have to be quick, hold down the + & - buttons, insert the USB and the 'start' button will come up briefly so you have to be fast to catch it, keep trying as it took me a few attempts.

Back
Top Bottom