What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I've just received a REV GTS from Elegomall and a Smoant Cylon from FT, all came through without any custom charges thankfully

I did.
Since the £ has crashed I've been asking them to mark all my packages at $15 and they have done so.
I thought I would ask for it to be marked as $14 for a change.
Hopefully it still gets through, as I've had other packages over $20 get through.

You made me just go back and check my image - thankfully marked at $15!

Sounds like FT need to add the option to pay customs charges up front.
Worth it on small items to avoid £8 to RM.

I had an order on hold, and asked them to mark it as $14. Got a reply saying they had marked it as $14 and will ship later today. Just got my shipping email, so went to FT to look at the photo.
Yep, marked as $20. :D
Even though the numptys marked it at $20, it still passed through customs without any charges.
Still haven't had any charges on 100's of orders.

Just a little update if I may.

Placed an order last week for $46 worth of goods from FT. Fuck thought I. I’m gonna get stung.

Just logged in to check the tracking, clicked into my order to see the picture of the packet and the label......they’ve marked it at $15.

Nice.

Placed an order last week for $46 worth of goods from FT. Fuck thought I. I’m gonna get stung.

Just logged in to check the tracking, clicked into my order to see the picture of the packet and the label......they’ve marked it at $15.

Nice.
The chinese love you , If you got stung there would be hell to pay. (about £8.90 ) :D

Nice.
That's good news but I can never read mine. They're always blurred. Or that could be my eyes :D

That's good news but I can never read mine. They're always blurred. Or that could be my eyes :D

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom