What's new

Curious: Mods with removable Li-Po batteries.

MetalVape90

Achiever
There are a good portion of mods out there that take various sizes of Li-ion cells whether it’s in regulated or unregulated mod. So I was wondering if there are any mods out there that use changeable Li-Po batteries with a Li-Po charger or are Li-Po mods just built in?

The reason I’m asking this is in my opinion I don’t like built in battery mods cause once the built in battery dies and no longer holds a charge the device just becomes a paper weight so I’m curious to know if there are built in battery devices out there that you can change out the battery once it kicks the bucket.

It's only DNA mods, with Li-POS, that I've seen where you can.
I'd guess, given the will, most built in mod batteries could be changed. Depends how confident and competent, you are at soldering, and jigsaw puzzles.

There are a good portion of mods out there that take various sizes of Li-ion cells whether it’s in regulated or unregulated mod. So I was wondering if there are any mods out there that use changeable Li-Po batteries with a Li-Po charger or are Li-Po mods just built in?

The reason I’m asking this is in my opinion I don’t like built in battery mods cause once the built in battery dies and no longer holds a charge the device just becomes a paper weight so I’m curious to know if there are built in battery devices out there that you can change out the battery once it kicks the bucket.
Tend to be built in and usually have either a DNA or yihi board attached for balanced charging.
I've a smy DNA 200 and there's a bargain ipv in the classies currently actually (yihi).
The mods are generally made to be easily opened so you can replace them. Easily available from hobby shops for ten to fifteen quid.
My smy requires them to be de and 're solderd but generally they had clip connections.

It's only DNA mods, with Li-POS, that I've seen where you can.
I'd guess, given the will, most built in mod batteries could be changed. Depends how confident and competent, you are at soldering, and jigsaw puzzles.
So no major manufacturer has made a mod with changeable Li-Po batteries except a few cases with DNA mods? Would have thought at least one company made a mod to where you can change out the Li-Po that doesn’t involve soldering but used like a ESC connection like this:
6CEB7FA3-083D-42EA-83A4-A931BF909C5F.jpeg

Lost Vape did with the Halcyon. Generally you'll now only find custom/self build using Li-Po cells. Stealth vape/Independence mods do a G5 DNA250C mod but it's no pocket mod [emoji23][emoji23]

Lost Vape did with the Halcyon. Generally you'll now only find custom/self build using Li-Po cells. Stealth vape/Independence mods do a G5 DNA250C mod but it's no pocket mod [emoji23][emoji23]
Damn. Was hoping there was something like a Vapor Shark or Hana Modz DNA40 or DNA60 with a small 950-1250mAh changeable Li-Po battery. Ah well.

So no major manufacturer has made a mod with changeable Li-Po batteries except a few cases with DNA mods? Would have thought at least one company made a mod to where you can change out the Li-Po that doesn’t involve soldering but used like a ESC connection like this:
View attachment 211467
Well technically you will find built in cells in all early innokin device's. They refused to put the battery in customers hands until the coolfire 4 18650. Innokin took battery safety really seriously and hated the fashion of using 18650 cells.
Couldn't fault them though, I've coil fires I've used to death that still last all day despite being five years old.

Yes you could switch the halcyon over to a two cell sled and update the board in escribe couldn't you.
The soldering is no biggie but I think some of the hcigar and think vape mods had clip connections... Been a while.

Well technically you will find built in cells in all early innokin device's. They refused to put the battery in customers hands until the coolfire 4 18650. Innokin took battery safety really seriously and hated the fashion of using 18650 cells.
Couldn't fault them though, I've coil fires I've used to death that still last all day despite being five years old.
I’ve noticed that a lot of built in Li-Po battery mods are getting better in quality. Last built in battery device I used was the Eleaf Istick Tacc 4 40W which is still going strong. Just don’t like seeing a good device going to waste all cause of a battery that’s dead.

a lot of Ijoy mods are actually designed with internal cells that are just regular vape cells. Easily popped open and changed.

Back
Top Bottom