What's new

Cotton - What's your preference ?

For me, the flavour of CB is muted in comparison to the big boys (though a lot better than Muji), but none of us knows what someone else is tasting so it's all down to personal opinion.

I was a CB lover and still have unopened packets, but had to move on when I started sub-ohming. Above 50 watts it starts to struggle and at 100 it's dry hits all the way.
Without a doubt YMMV. See, I have absolutely no problem with dry hits using CB at way over 100w. Whereas the Coil Master Pro Cotton Balls I've mentioned destroys CB for flavour, in my personal opinion. But the CMPCB, for me, isn't as good at high wattage as CB. But your experience could be the complete opposite. There's just so many relevant factors besides the cotton itself. Amount of cotton used, how tight you pack it, wicking technique, all effect the experience. At the end of the day there is no universal truth in anything subjective.

I've been using this or a few days now, and it's excellent. I've been using it in a Kayfun at 40 watts and a Griffin at 80 with no problems.

Like Jellyfish, it struggles above 90 watts, but they hold the juice better than S+V or Cotton Candy so there's no spitting.

Excellent. :2thumbsup:

Yeah, I found exactly the same. Low to medium power it's really superb but it really struggles at high wattage. But when it's used in it's comfort zone it's really good. So soft and fluffy and absorbent and the flavour from the very first hit is so clean it just knocks CB out the park! When I use this exclusively for a while and then do a CB build just for the hell of it the CB tatse really hits me like a sledge hammer.

I used Muji first but recently bought some PJ Empire Cotton Queen and I love it! I had to adjust my wicking technique a bit due to it being more of a loose rope of cotton rather than a solid piece. The first day I got it I hated it and wanted to throw it in a cupboard never to be seen again as I either used too much or too little cotton and it often just ripped in half......
But after a day of fiddling around with it I now think that it is way faster and easier to use, due to not needing scissors at all.

I recently also bought some of the Augvape cotton, simply because the bag it is packaged in is so damn nice :D

Native Wicks
Made in USA

Personally for me it has to be raw cotton in natural form, by that I mean it is not the flattened and pressed kind which comes in sort of slice form where you peel of the 2 outside sides. I much prefer balls or strands of naturally fluffy cotton which is why I use a brand produced in the USA by the name of Native Wicks. I’ve tried cotton bacon and also muji but I wasn’t a fan of these. Native wicks is brilliant right from the get to. Next to no fresh wick taste, absorbs juice well and holds it just right, not too absorbant but also doesn’t let go of juice.

Also it fluffs really well when prepped and has been my go to From day one.

Pros
Absorbency balance is great
Great flavour
Great flavour from beginning

Cons
Pretty exspensive
Not the greatest wick life
Can be fiddly to get right size and shape of wick.

8/10

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/rda-rdta-cotton-wick/native-wicks-platinum-blend-cotton.html

Well I can’t find my fave cotton anywhere (Vapor Royalty The General) if anyone knows where it’s availabe there’s a chunky kit kat here for you!

Ran out of CBv2 last week so went on the hunt for some nice cotton.

Settled on some from Fyne Mods and have to say it excellent!!! No break in period, sucks up the juice great. Winner :)

Back
Top Bottom