What's new

Classified Sections Etiquette.

Hey Ho :) There seems to be some confusion and some misinformation around regarding The Classified Sections and the use thereof, so, in an attempt to clarify things somewhat, I thought a quick run through of what's what might help?

As you know, there are separate sections for.......
Accessories and Misc For Sale.
Atties,Clearo's, Carto's & Rebuildables For Sale
E-Cigs and Mods For Sale
E-Liquids For Sale
Mod Sales By Modders
Trades and Swaps
Members Wanted

In an ideal world, this should be simple enough to follow one would have thought, but, we don't live in an ideal world.

The "Clue" is in the Title of each section. If you have an item Listed For Sale....... It is For Sale. If it is For Trade, it is For Trade. If you list an item For Sale, but will entertain Trades, please list the item in The Trades and Swaps area as well.
By all means mention that it is listed there as well, but keep the discussions in the relevant sections. We require certain information to be present when a listing is made and that includes a picture, RRP, Payment and Postage Details. If you fail to comply, your listing will be deleted.

Responding to Listings: I work on the theory that if I am interested in an item, but have questions, I will normally say "PM'd You @xxxxxxx" This does several things, (1) Tagging the person "should" bring your PM to their attention. (2) It may be that by saying PM'd you @xxxxxx you have registered yourself as first in the queue should the Seller receive several PM's for the same item.

IF however you see an item and are happy with all the information displayed and wish to proceed with the transaction, you can of course just say so as a response....... BUT..... tag the Seller so they know!! It is usual that the transaction then moves to PM's between the Buyer and The Seller.

"Chatter": Please don't clutter up people's Listings with inane chatter and comments such as "Is this still available" when it has had no other responses and was listed a couple of hours ago!! Unhelpful comments about pricing etc will not be tolerated on the Public Forum. If you have issue with what the Seller is saying........ PM him please!

Now The BIG ONE! Marking an item as either Sold or Completed:
If you can List an item, you can also mark it as Sold, surely!! Why should Toby and myself have to trawl through the listing to find it has been marked as Sold on page 3 of the listing! Come On...... You can do your bit too. It isn't exactly hard after all.

Hopefully this clarifies things. If you still have doubts, just PM either myself or @tobywonkanobi

Now go and ENJOY yourselves. :)
How can I look at the classified section? It's saying I can only look at completed posts

Last edited:
Makes my blood boil when someone posts a classified then can't be bothered either replying or removing the ad[emoji58][emoji36]

Just a gentle reminder Guys and Gals.
It really does help if you could please mark your listings as "Completed" once they are Sold!

It would seem that you're all getting a bit lax about this again and you are creating work for me again. :)

Just a gentle reminder Guys and Gals.
It really does help if you could please mark your listings as "Completed" once they are Sold!

It would seem that you're all getting a bit lax about this again and you are creating work for me again. :)
Didn't you know Rob? - You aren't actually allowed a life outside of of the Classies section - You sold your soul to Santa for that extra brussels sprout and your punishment is to be chained to the Classifieds for all eternity...:P:P:P

And again for our newer members and as a reminder to our regulars................
The app now works I am told, so there really is no reason why you cannot mark your listings as Completed when they have finished, or at the VERY Least, amend the title to SOLD. If you are still having trouble with the app, then why not make changes when you are near a PC? There's little point in making your last entry as reading "Sold", because we then still have to read through the entire listing to see whether it's still "live".
If that is still beyond you, why not just drop me a PM and tell me that it has Completed. Makes life so much easier.:2thumbsup:

4 more posts and i can use the classifieds :) , when i think about it,POTV have actually done me a favour by not allowing me to use it until 100 posts haha

This isn't a thread to be having idle chat on guys. Just go join in some conversations there is plenty to get involved with

Makes my blood boil when someone posts a classified then can't be bothered either replying or removing the ad[emoji58][emoji36]

do u use the quote function so they get an alert to let them know?

is there a feedback section for classifieds?

Back
Top Bottom