What's new

China crises

Think your right it’s seems Alfie has more wallop then me ffs

They love Alfie he is “ most cute doggy”

Hmmm

Alfie paw is trademarked up to point but tricky to enforce but my other son is training as a barrister (earns loads more money than his poor dad) so at least I have free legal advice
Yeah May be worth putting the lad to work.
I'm writing this squashed into the corner of a three seater sofa by snuffy who requires his space.
May be better to take the money and run rather than fight what seems to be inevitable. Gp where the only manufacturer in the past I an think of that managed to get back it's trademark from china. Don't know how and how much it cost though.
If China can both clone kayfuns and the logo' s with Impunity I can only imagine it's a lengthy and costly process.

Yep I hate them that’s the weird thing the process of making choosing a name the colours the concept I love with a passion but after all the stress of that you end up hating what you make

2 examples

you spend hours cooking a fabulous meal lots of people can’t be arsed to eat it after all the work they put into to making the food in the first place

The other

I know a lady who paints racehorses she trained in landscapes but being down on her luck she started doing horses for well off clients

Many herds of horses later she says she feels like having a sticker in her car

“I speed up for horses in fact I steer into the fuckers”

But weirdly it works for me when I make a mod and don’t like it they get glowing reviews go all over the internet messages from people from all over like pink, wonko, Cuprum and raven (above) if I make for my tastes and say this is my mod it’s brilliant they die a death

In relation to business yes I am registered and pay tax owning your own business you have to, the days of cash and fast and free via PayPal are over the tax man isn’t stupid and if your not registered with HMRC you run that risk @ed87 if your serious about making mods I suggest you declare the earning you can’t offer a service as a customer/ maker and have a company name without filing accounts.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day he’s gone legit with the tax man after they caught him he’s done time in the past as he was a naughty boy. But being question by 2 tax offices was worse than the police they just kept upping the penalty on him in the end they took the lot house, car everything and still billed him for more money.

I think I will stay as I am making bespoke mods by me and Alfie

View attachment 158156

Don’t worry Stu, everything I do is above board with the tax man :)

@vapesmarter
What you describe above in terms of the experience of, and your feelings about ‘making’ is very much the same as what artists have. ie. Fine artists; painters, sculptors, contemporary/ conceptual artists.

This is likely because you are more akin to them than the people you are considering dealing with at the Shenzhen end of things - who are nothing to do with that. They are interested in money, and nothing else.

Well I’ll tell you something for nothing, my Vapesmarter mod is a pleasure to own and use. If you get pleasure from nothing else, know that your hardwork gets used and isn’t just a pretty paper weight.

I think it would stress you out Stu. Not having control over the details etc would drive you nuts. You know what a perfectionist you are. ;)

But if you do go for it then good luck. :)2

Hi Stu, as you know I’m a big fan of your work, I already have one of your mods and I dare say I’ll have another before the year is out

All I can say on this dilemma is do what is best for you, your family and Alfie. If it’s going to make a big difference to your quality of life go for it.

The only warning I have is that the Chinese can be slippery SOB’s and contracts are not worth the paper they’re wrote on, make sure the money is up front.

Well after a frantic 3 days I said

Sod off

Yep

silly thing to do ?

Proberbly

Just think all that money...,

Yeah right the one thing in my life is not money it might be the thing everyone wants but life isn’t like that for me

So what will I do now

Dunno I’m looking at mods and making in general

I have a market but people want cheap mods for £50 that’s not me not my ethos

Also I notice the rise of 3d box's and eBay stabwood etc

That’s not me either

I will keep making all of it myself always different, always uk always bespoke

End of

I saw the money and turned my face away that I am proud of

Last edited:
Well after a frantic 3 days I said

Sod off

Yep

silly thing to do ?

Proberbly

Just think all that money...,

Yeah right the one thing in my life is not money it might be the thing everyone wants but life isn’t like that for me

So what will I do now

Dunno I’m looking at mods and making in general

I have a market but people want cheap mods for £50 that’s not me not my ethos

Also I notice the rise of 3d boxers and eBay stabwood etc

That’s not me either

I will keep making all of it myself always different, always uk always bespoke

End of

I saw the money and turned my face away that I am proud of
Think you made right choice, and Alfie will be happy not getting shipped off to China [emoji1]

The worry is that they don't take no for an answer and produce a copy of your output on a mass produced basis anyway, just without cutting you in.

Back
Top Bottom