What's new

Chain Vaping Indoors - Warning - Warranties of electrical goods

Battersea Bound

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would give people a heads up if you chain vape indoors.

I was chain vaping indoors in my living room for about 2 years (about 30ml a day on days off work) and my expensive TV broke. It was under warrenty so I sent if off for repairs and the repair company told me I had invalidated the warrenty due to accidental liquid damage caused by excessive vaping. I tried to argue they were fobbing me off but they wouldn't budge. They said the TV was covered in vape residue inside and out.

Anyway I had to buy a new TV so thought I'd post a warning to any vapers out there that if you are chain vaping indoors (especially in living room) then if any of your electrical items break you could invalidate the warrenty if equipment stops working.

TBH I was vaping like a steam train and there was vape residue on the the TV as well as the inside of my windows and shelves which I cleaned regularly. Needless to say I now vape outdoors. I don't know whether the vaping caused the TV to stop working or whether company just used that as a reason to invalidate the warranty but they did say the inside of the TV was heavily contaminated.

So just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but an expensive error. I am pleased with my new TV anyway and actually prefer vaping outdoors (I'm on ground floor). I actually find my chain vaping has stopped now and I only vape about 15ml a day now (2mg nic) which is good and am slowly trying to quit vaping now.

Hello and welcome.

The topic does come up now and again.
Normally it is computers because folk sit in front of them.
Seems to affect some heavy vapers and not others.
Some think ventilation and temperature, and maybe other stuff mean some vapers and rooms are more prone than others.

I try to keep my rooms well ventilated and I run USB fans on my desk.

Aye...its a thing, my keyboard suffers badly, the wife complains bout the state of the windows, occupational hazard Im afraid.

I've only ever really noticed it on the inside of my cars windshield. After a week or so there's always a light residue that's built up - pretty annoying!

Untill 10 minutes after my last post on this thread, I thought it never affected me, but since I heard about computers being killed by vape residue I tend to turn my head to the left and exhale away from my computer.

Then I thought about earlier today I was spraying a sticky phone button with contact cleaner and a few months ago I was spraying a bunch of sticky phone buttons. The phone is over my left shoulder. I vape about 30ml a week and not all of it at my computer.

Mmmmm. Maybe.

It's official!! Save your expensive electrical items, MTL indoors... it's the future (garlic bread not included.)

It's official!! Save your expensive electrical items, MTL indoors... it's the future (garlic bread not included.)

I put my drink on a coaster next to the phone. I may well just be spilling drink on it.
I am open to different theories.

I really would have asked for pics of the tv .. and how the hell did they know you vape ?
and again it comes down to ventilation in 6 yrs I've never had to wipe away anything from my pc or tv except dust
seems a bit suss to me

I bought a few decent air purifiers years back due to daughter no 2's terrible hayfever. She's long since moved on so one has come into play in the front room and works a charm. Yes I will probably kill it eventually but better that than expensive electronic' s.
Dehumidifier' s are actually far better suited by design so I may upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom