What's new

Built in battery vs removable

davidson883

Initiate
What is everyones personal preference as im not the biggest fan of removables, but should i get into them or stick with build in batteries

Personally, i prefer built-in. I accept that at some point the LiPo will die and i'll have to replace the whole mod but I'm happy to take that in exchange for the smaller size and built-in charging.

It depends on what mod we're talking about. If it's something like a Coolfire that lasts forever I prefer built in, however I like the idea with removables that I don't have to spend out to buy a whole new mod when the LiPo battery goes in my RX200. Overall I'd say removable :)

Ive had a few removable cell mods, but I prefer built in, basically because I couldn't be arsed with separate chargers/keeping track of cycles. :D
I've got the best of both worlds with the VTbox200. I can just leave the cell in the mod, but when it dies, it's a simple unplug & plug in the new LiPo. :)

I think there's pro's and con's for both and I don't mind either really, but I may see that differently when the batteries die in my built ins. ... overall though it's not the most important thing me.

... I don't think I'd buy a mod with more than 1x 18650 though...

Ive had a few removable cell mods, but I prefer built in, basically because I couldn't be arsed with separate chargers/keeping track of cycles. :D
I've got the best of both worlds with the VTbox200. I can just leave the cell in the mod, but when it dies, it's a simple unplug & plug in the new LiPo. :)

Sage words .. a decently built mod will allow you to GET THE GODAMM BATTERY OUT. If it's welded in there it hints it wasn't put together very well :18:

Sage words .. a decently built mod will allow you to GET THE GODAMM BATTERY OUT. If it's welded in there it hints it wasn't put together very well :18:

The stock cells are shit ! I swapped mine for Turnigy nano techs. Need a bit of prep work, but they fit better, are MASSIVELY more stable and running at 35w, double the run time (2 days) over the stock cells. The best of the stock cells I tested came up at 1170mAh, the nanos test up around 1375+ mAh. :)

The mod is well built, but they made it BEFORE checking LiPo sizes with suitable mAh to run a 200w mod. :D

as said, pro's and cons.
when i started vaping 15 months ago there was mainly fixed batteries only available and thats why i went for the isticks.
30/40/50 fixed and then you get into higher wattage so then removable 60/100/200

fixed are great until they go wrong and then the only place is the bin for them.
18650's are great as you can have some charged and just swap them over and carry on vaping.
ive just got one set for each mod as got 6 mods on the go all the time so when one need recharging i just change to a different mod with a different flavor juice.

I only buy mods that have swappable single batterys - the mods will last longer (you can change the battery if there are any problems) and the single battery mods are safe to charge via USB - not unexpected issues!! (Like the mod not correctly balanced charging)

I have both types but do like a built-in battery, the main argument against them is that the mod is useless when the battery dies but that doesn't stack up for me as by that time it's out of date & I've bought several newer mods that have more than replaced it anyway. Things are moving so quickly at the moment with new features etc mods are almost out of date by the time they go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom