What's new

Boiled Egg Patina Results

I thought I had gone into a time warp & this was April 1st to begin with!
A couple of questions for you though: what are you using as a clear coat please? There appears to be black pepper in the second jpg, I assume this needs to be freshly ground rather than white? & does it also need seasoning with salt? :grin2:

I thought I had gone into a time warp & this was April 1st to begin with!
A couple of questions for you though: what are you using as a clear coat please? There appears to be black pepper in the second jpg, I assume this needs to be freshly ground rather than white? & does it also need seasoning with salt? :grin2:

you laugh but salt can be used in the bag as well :)

the black bits i think are bits of the the patina where i the bag was probably shaken.

i coat mine with clear lacquer from halfords, give the mod 3 light coats and your done.

Halfords | Halfords Clear Lacquer Spray 300ml

Waste if an egg if you ask me......Paul Newman would have a fit. Xx

This looks at least 39 times cooler than you'd ever expect it to. Real nice results folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

What happens if you don't lacquer it, does it just all slowly turn Brown after a while?

What happens if you don't lacquer it, does it just all slowly turn Brown after a while?
VapingWithTwisted done this with a mod. He lacquered it on one side and left the other. The patina does start to brown after a week he mentioned.

VapingWithTwisted done this with a mod. He lacquered it on one side and left the other. The patina does start to brown after a week he mentioned.

Thanks for that :) I'd love to give it a go, but can't be bothered with lacquering, so I'll stick with polishing!

you laugh but salt can be used in the bag as well :)

the black bits i think are bits of the the patina where i the bag was probably shaken.

i coat mine with clear lacquer from halfords, give the mod 3 light coats and your done.

Halfords | Halfords Clear Lacquer Spray 300ml

The lacquer looks an interesting idea but i think I'd be worried if I ever wanted to remove it, although on a clone I don't suppose it'd matter that much.

Has anyone tried using Renaissance Wax - it's great stuff, I use it on my swords rather than gun oil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Wax
It was developed by the British Museum, & if you believe the marketing blurb can even be used on photographs etc. Recommended re-application once every 6 months or so.

Waste if an egg if you ask me......Paul Newman would have a fit. Xx

What a Film!!! cool-hand-luke.jpg

The lacquer looks an interesting idea but i think I'd be worried if I ever wanted to remove it, although on a clone I don't suppose it'd matter that much.

Has anyone tried using Renaissance Wax - it's great stuff, I use it on my swords rather than gun oil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Wax
It was developed by the British Museum, & if you believe the marketing blurb can even be used on photographs etc. Recommended re-application once every 6 months or so.

lacquer dipped in acetone is history in a few secs dude, not tried the wax route tho.

Back
Top Bottom