What's new

Benefits

As well as all the benefits mentioned above, you can come on here and talk a load of crap and learn about stuff you didn't even know you wanted to know about
And buy loads of stuff you realise you need. :D

Ive definitely noticed my breathing massively improved. Never noticed any change in taste and smell but loads say they have, I suppose its different for everyone.
Financially definitely, on average I spend £10-20 a week on juice/coils ect and then the occasional new shiny but if I was still smoking 20 a day it would be more like £80-100 a week

I've put on about 3 stone since I stopped. I never had a sweet tooth when I smoked, but now i'm a sugar hound!
I'll have to try and cut down on the sweet stuff.:D
Holy shit that’s exactly what happened to me...gone sugar crazy to the point I am pre diabetic
I’m working hard to lose the sugar but boy it tough..

Do any of your guys experience shakiness and more hunger since quitting the tobacco?

Its 14 weeks since i quit smoking. The first 11 days i vape 0mg nicotine. But after no satisfaction i jumped to 3mg [emoji16]

I really hope i don't have any diabetes.
Buy a cheap kit off amazon mate..only £12-£13..if your worried go see a doc..I had a 5 year health check and did the blood thing and my cholesterol was lower than 5 years ago but my blood glucose was at 42 mmol that’s a 5.7 And classed as pre diabetic as there’s 2 measures..there’s loads of charts etc online and easy to take a measure etc..I got a kit to monitor myself as I have halved my sugar intake in a bid to drop the level..

It's been now 5-6 weeks off ciggaretes and somehow I am struggling to get a deep breath after 5-6 attempts it's working, its feeling like something squeezing my chest or throat hard to describe, anyone had this situation? I've read something online that apparently your lungs are clearing out or something but not sure had it now for 3 days :(

The reason I quit smoking was for my health.

Although I quit 5 years ago, I can't say my health has improved noticeably. I couldn't chase my nephew and niece around the park as a smoker, as a vaper I can now but not to a massive extent.

Main reason for me quitting is I have a blind parent, also researching my health condition smoking itself can send me blind due to the existing health.

So that for me, is the big benefit. It's reducing the likelihood of losing my eyesight.

Strange eh.

It's been now 5-6 weeks off ciggaretes and somehow I am struggling to get a deep breath after 5-6 attempts it's working, its feeling like something squeezing my chest or throat hard to describe, anyone had this situation? I've read something online that apparently your lungs are clearing out or something but not sure had it now for 3 days :(
If you were a smoker for a length of time, your lungs are absolutely full of crap.

Vaping is denser than cigarette smoke so it's likely you'll cough.

Your lungs are going through the "healing" process, removing the shit from themselves. Aswell as your gums having blood flow back to them, cigarettes restrict the blood vessels in your mouth.

Now it's not being restricted they'll start to open and heal IF and it's an IF your gums start to bleed it's because they're not as restricted as they were and need to heal. If that happens get yourself some mouth wash and an appointment with your dentist / doctor.

It could also be a PG intolerance or a flavour that doesn't agree with you.

PG can make you tight chested
Menthol / WS23 anything cold in a vape causes some people to have tight chests.

In no way am I qualified medically to say what is wrong with you, just possibilities. If you're concerned go and see your GP :)

I hope it clears up for you soon. Keep going.

Ps. What kit are you using? I'd highly not recommended DTL vaping for quitting the cigs. My personal view is, you're an ex smoker fresh off the cigs. Your lungs are damaged, if you're taking on clouds to your lungs it's not going to be a great experience. You'd need "stealthier" amount of vapour. All my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom