What's new

Benefits

Kermitvapes

Postman
Hello everyone!! :D
So I haven't seen any threads about health and overall benefits from quitting smoking and starting vaping, I made this thread from curiosity what you all gained from vaping and not smoking, and to tell you about my experience.
Been off cigarettes now for 4 weeks, I know it's not that long but I see massive pros about it already so pros are : finally I can taste and smell the real food, waking up with less hangover when drinking alcohol usually my hangovers lasted for like a half day now I would say have a good breakfast and I feel alive again haha :D , whiter teeth, not smelling like a ashtray, more energetic, gained weight but that's probably because I eat a lot more now feeling hungry all the time :D
so please feel free to share your experience
thanks again! :D

Since i gave up smoking and taking up vaping which is coming up to five years soon i have noticed that my health is much better now i dont wake up in the mornings anymore with that dammed smokers cough anymore i sleep better at night dont wake up in the middle of the night coughing when i get a cold ( aka man flu ) it doesn't seem to last as long as when i smoked i can taste my food much better and best of all i do seem to save money by buying juices rather than buying 50g packs of tobacco for which i was on at least 60g a week now iam on about 30mls of juice a week sometimes less so for me vaping is 100% win win.........
Congrats to you on giving up the smokes mate well done .......:2thumbsup:............

Upon giving up smoking I had an overall sense of well-being..like I had achieved something but the battle I knew was to stay off the cigarettes and not creep back to the dark side...I set myself daily then weekly goals to stay smokefree..if I did not smoke for one day I saw it as a hell of an achievement rewarded myself with something daft and then went for two days and eventually I was one week without using cigarettes and so on..
The financial benefits in the first month of stopping smoking and starting vaping are non apparent well not for me anyway as I did spend a fair bit of money trying hard to find a vaping set up and eliquid I liked and could vape all day in place of cigarettes and there was a lot of experimenting a lot of purchasing and a lot of failing and success but I got there...
Taking everything into account quitting cigarettes and vaping has made me feel proud that I have done it that I can now after 7 months say yep I don’t smoke..
Of course now you do see the financial benefits of vaping over cigarettes there’s a little extra cash in the pot to spend on perfecting your vaping..trying out new stuff but you seem to reach a natural zenith after a while and just become content with what you have and how you vape etc,,unless someone changes your favourite eliquid flavour that is and you end up spending a fortune once again but that’s a story for another day..
The health benefits of quitting smoking are unarguable and a no brainier and after about a month you can feel the benefits of non smoking I have I must admit put on a little weight as I found my taste buds once again and started to taste the actual flavours of the food unfortunately for me a little too much has been consumed and steps are now being taken to address this...my teeth definitely show signs of a whiter white and I no longer smell of cigarette smoke 24/7 funny how now I can not abide the smell of cigarette smoke I think it’s horribe..
I also feel less of a social outcast not that I’m in anyway social I just don’t feel bad that I smoke anymore..
Vaping has introduced me to a whole new circle of friends albeit electronic ones yet real people non the less and given me a new mindset into the world of vaping..being social on a forum is still being social and even after only seven months of vaping you learn enough to say to someone else..hey try this it worked for me and bingo you have helped someone and that in itself has its own rewards..
So congratulations on quitting..stick to it and enjoy vaping

Last edited:
Well done on giving up smoking :clapping: I have been vaping for nearly 2 yrs now without smoking ok i failed only on a couple of occasions where I had a ciggy but each time I did it tasted so bad I put it out after a couple of puffs, that was months ago and have been smoke free ever since. I don't wake up most mornings with an asthma attack anymore and I don't have a smokers cough which is nice, also the benefits for me are I don't smell like a dirty ashtray and I can tell if someone smokes a mile away. My teeth are whiter and my skin is clearer and I have more energy and food tastes nicer too. The obvious benefits also are that I am spending less morning by not buying tobacco and saving over a hundred pound a month by buying juice instead.

Well done on giving up smoking :clapping: I have been vaping for nearly 2 yrs now without smoking ok i failed only on a couple of occasions where I had a ciggy but each time I did it tasted so bad I put it out after a couple of puffs, that was months ago and have been smoke free ever since. I don't wake up most mornings with an asthma attack anymore and I don't have a smokers cough which is nice, also the benefits for me are I don't smell like a dirty ashtray and I can tell if someone smokes a mile away. My teeth are whiter and my skin is clearer and I have more energy and food tastes nicer too. The obvious benefits also are that I am spending less morning by not buying tobacco and saving over a hundred pound a month by buying juice instead.

YES! I have always laughed at people when they was saying it's smells really bad and they was getting annoyed because of the smell, now I am understanding why they was getting annoyed haha because I do now as well haha! :D

Do any of your guys experience shakiness and more hunger since quitting the tobacco?

Its 14 weeks since i quit smoking. The first 11 days i vape 0mg nicotine. But after no satisfaction i jumped to 3mg [emoji16]

I really hope i don't have any diabetes.

Do any of your guys experience shakiness and more hunger since quitting the tobacco?

Its 14 weeks since i quit smoking. The first 11 days i vape 0mg nicotine. But after no satisfaction i jumped to 3mg [emoji16]

I've put on about 3 stone since I stopped. I never had a sweet tooth when I smoked, but now i'm a sugar hound!
I'll have to try and cut down on the sweet stuff.:D

I dont remember getting the shakes but i do remember being hungry all the time and picking all the time but that does wear off over time..........

As well as all the benefits mentioned above, you can come on here and talk a load of crap and learn about stuff you didn't even know you wanted to know about

Back
Top Bottom