What's new

Battery life cycle

Ok so 4 cells over 6 months ...

approx 180 days, if you charge all 4 of them every single day, they've had 180 cycles each. if you only charge 2 of them a day it's only 90 cycles... it's not much either way.
4 sells 2 charged daily depending on usage sometimes they last till the next mid morning

I know, but it's not irrelevant... you can't really charge a cell 300 - 400 times in a couple of months surely?

It's irrelevant if someone says "you should get X months/years from a cell".

But no, to charge that often would be 2-3 times each day - which is probably silly (but not outside the realms of possibility).

From subsequent posts op has done maybe 100 cycles.

Not great, but then again the 3-400 is an average. Some manage way more, and hence some get way less.

Loads of things only have 3-6 month warranty on batteries from new though, like phones and laptops. They're considered a consumable even if you can't change them yourself.

the 3-400 is an average

Fogstar quote "usually 200 - 500 cycles", so that's an even bigger average range - and being an average some will be lower, some will be higher.

Definitely! and I won't need a free torch to make my way through the Fog!

Reading between the lines of your post, I consider Fogstar one of the best for reputable battery supply which brings us back to your use-case. Either the batteries aren't up to the job for the mod or the way you vape or you're working from too low a pool of batteries and therefore taxing them.

Could be a bad batch, it happens to the best of them, if your unhappy with the response ( I would be) change supplier.

Update another battery from the 8 not charging .This one was used in a proton mod with a sub ohm tank

Update another battery from the 8 not charging .This one was used in a proton mod with a sub ohm tank

Did/do you keep pairs together in pairs for dual cell mods and separate singles for single cell mods, or do you mix and match and grab however many you need from whatever is closest?

Did/do you keep pairs together in pairs for dual cell mods and separate singles for single cell mods, or do you mix and match and grab however many you need from whatever is closest?
I religiously kept them in pairs

Back
Top Bottom