What's new

Bad nic gets me a Darwin Award

Ment

Legend
I found this bottle of nic while looking through some juices I'd forgotten about. It's probably been in there for 3 years:

IMG_20180324_024730.jpg

I smelled it and there was no smell, so, out of curiosity, and to find out what bad nic is like for future reference, I mixed some up in plain vg at 3mg.

I put a couple of drops in a dripper and took a puff. It tasted a bit odd, but I took a second.

It felt like my cheeks had been electrocuted, the pain quickly moved to my ears, up to my head and down to my chest. I got an immediate headache, my head started spinning and 5 minutes later I was throwing up.

We all know nic is a poison, but this must have metabolised into something much worse, and if it was 12mg I reckon I'd have been hospitalised.

It could also explain why the LD50 for nic is so low if the researchers were using something like this for their tests.

[emoji52]

Kin hell Ment. I thought bad nic always smelled and/ or tasted funny.

You ok now? [emoji55]

Now we know where the word Ment(al) comes from. Hope you are alright now though man. But i wish you had done a youtube vid so we could have seen the effects of stale nicotine use:).

[emoji52]

Kin hell Ment. I thought bad nic always smelled and/ or tasted funny.

You ok now? [emoji55]

It certainly tasted funny. I just had a quarter-pounder on the way home from work so I've fully recovered.

Didn't sound like much fun. Think I'll be treating nic I'm not sure of now like I do food, "when in doubt throw it out".

Thanks for being the lab rat and conducting this experiment on our behalf. Hope there's no lasting harm and you're feeling better.

wow, that reaction sounds horrible, sorry to hear you went through it. Really highlights the potential dangers of old nic. Again, I am sorry you had this experience, but thanks for sharing. I think sharing it has value and has certainly has made me think.

Back
Top Bottom