What's new

Am I the only one?

I last had a cigarette a year ago tomorrow, at a horrendous funeral. It was revolting. As others have said, I think the key is having the right nic level.

Do any of you guys ever just get the odd packet of cigarettes, smoke them, and then just turn straight back to vaping? I'm doing that a bit at the moment to be honest and feel like a bit of a let down to this community [emoji29]
It's just so easy now to buy the occasional packet of my slim menthols and then just turn back to vaping once I've finished the pack. I think there's just something about having a real cigarette that vaping can't compete with. Don't get me wrong, I love vaping and I obviously stick to it in general. But every so often I just get too tempted!
Let me know if any of you have done this too! I'm still young so I'm not as concerned about health as some of you may be but still want to say goodbye to analogs forever sometime soon.

I know what you mean about the feeling of a traditional cigarette, just something about vaping that’s not the same. When ever I go to a gig or a music festival I always buy a 20 pack or two for a festival just because I don’t want my vape to break while I’m moshing or for it to smack someone in the face while crowd surfing with it in my pocket. I mean I hate that I’m smoking but the feeling of it is nice

Not really, a mate who vapes, has been hitting the bottle a fair bit (lately), he someone who often smokes when he drinks. I was tempted to try a polish fag or whatever it was he was buying from under the counter, decided not to. A joint, now there's a bit of temptation there, but vapourised rules.

First 3 months were the toughest period for me, had the odd smoke here and there, but pushed through hitting 18mg juice for 6 months and have very rarely felt the need to touch a smoke again since. I have maybe 4 times had a puff on something, but always becomes an instant regret (which is good). I do still miss smoking in a way, but also don't. It's a big psychological change i think and whilst vaping is pretty close it'll never be "the same", so i never say no if the need to have a puff itches relentlessly, because the feeling after (urgh, where's the toothbrush so i can rid myself of this foul taste) is usually enough to steer me straight.

Vape lord, if you're UK based this may be an idea that might help.

Drake's in the UK do Naturally Extracted Tobacco liquids and concentrates, and a company called City Vape does a good menthol mint liquid named Artic Mint that is pretty strong. Maybe you could mix a liquid together that would replicate menthol cigarettes, if you're not UK based the idea could still work though.
That’s a awesome man! Thanks for the advice. I will certainly be checking them out. It’s been 3 months now without a packet of fags and still tempted so will consider investing in some of those extracts.

Not really, a mate who vapes, has been hitting the bottle a fair bit (lately), he someone who often smokes when he drinks. I was tempted to try a polish fag or whatever it was he was buying from under the counter, decided not to. A joint, now there's a bit of temptation there, but vapourised rules.
I seriously need to get a vaporiser for my weed, been dying to try one.

I don't anymore but I have done. I still enjoyed smoking, but moved to vaping 5 year or so ago to save money and to be able to vape in my home. I switched immediately, with no cravings for a ciggie.

I did spend 6 months or so back on the roll ups last year, personal choice. I was working quite a distance away, all my rebuildables were dry hitting and I was having a horrible time. The travel time to and from work meant I didn't have time to experiment with different builds. Plus it was stressful and every bugger else was smoking.

The moment that job came to an end, straight back to vaping. I can go to and from at will with no struggles. The reason I don't is the smell and the taste. That whole 6 months, I could only smoke with something to drink as it tasted awful and I never got used to it.

If it makes you feel any better @Vape lord, yes I have.

In the 5 or 6 years I've been vaping, I have indeed demolished a pack or two here and there through tough times.

Do not beat yourself up about it, you're human and all humans react differently in different situations.

Some of more so than others have a self destruction mechanism. We go through some shit times, and go fuck this and have a cig.

Feel sick and continue to do so.

It's not how many times you fall off the horse, it's how many times you get back on [emoji106]

This weekend just gone, infact I demolished a pack of Richmond. Felt sick throughout each one, nearly puked with each one.

Felt sicker that I'd paid £10.45 to shorten my lifespan. Finished them off over the weekend and haven't so much as thought of buying more.

Harm reduction is the key. You have a slip now and then, so what?

You've still avoided hundreds or thousands of cancer sticks. Stick at it.

If you're doing it for missing your cigarette brand, find a menthol tobacco eliquid and up your nicotine strength enough to blow your throat clean out of your body :D

Make yourself feel nauseas from nicotine and it'll kick the craving into next week.

I've not touched a tab since going full blown vape, I don't really have much temptation around me though.

I did duel fuel for a couple of months at the beginning, I found it really hard to kick that first smoke with a brew in the back garden of a morning & couldn't face a vape first thing but I got there.

Out & about, on the very odd occasion I think a cig smells nice, like in a beer garden on a summer's day but generally it repulses me

Back
Top Bottom