What's new

always getting burnt cotton

YitEarp

Eleaf with blotto tank with clapton coil (single)

Always after roughly a few hours the liquid will start turning darker and the cotton burnt towards the top i'm letting the coil and cotton wick up for awhile before use but its always happening to me now

I'm not sure if its time to change the tank for a new one or try it with dual coils?

Any help appreciated but i suspect its the high sugar content of the juice (moreish puff) 70/30

Can you provide a little more info -

Do you saturate the cotton with juice when you build and wick, or do you wick the coil, leave it dry and wait for capillary action to saturate the coil after filling the tank? (I assume you saturate the wick directly - but I feel I have to ask just in case)

What wattage do you run the tank at?

What gauge of clapton wire do you use?

That would probably help people give you a clearer answer.

Hello YitEarp and welcome to POTV :)

...what Crispycritters said... and coil resistance please :)

Sounds like your cotton is too tight. IMO. Have you googled Scottish Roll Technique?

It’s not the video of Nicola Sturgeon

Sounds like your cotton is too tight. IMO. Have you googled Scottish Roll Technique?

It’s not the video of Nicola Sturgeon
This is one of mine. 6 wrap 24g Clapton 3.5 mm id
A68B5E48-43CA-46AA-AE2D-96E667BFE33E.jpeg

My first thought was sweet juice caramelised (caramelising? Is that even a word?) However, I have had cotton singe if it's a bit too packed.
Edit add: this might be just me, but sometimes when I'm pulling cotton through the coil one side ends up heavier than the other, because I haven't pulled it through enough?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom