What's new

Airports and Vaping UK and EU information

@Flipside Birmingham to Edinburgh September 16 hand luggage

I have also done Brum to Spain Dec 15 with 100ml in hand luggage, a few hundred mils in the hold with Thomson.

Both times there was a smoking area in Brum after going through security. Small sheltered balcony. @city461

I have also done Brum to Spain Dec 15 with 100ml in hand luggage, a few hundred mils in the hold with Thomson.

Both times there was a smoking area in Brum after going through security. Small sheltered balcony. @city461
Thank you @misspepper, I hope I'm getting nervous for no reason, it's just I seem to be the one that always gets stopped at security [emoji58].
Last time I flew from Amsterdam with my wife I could see the security guy eyeing me, I got my shoes and Bag pulled apart and pretty much strip searched, to put that into perspective the guy in front of me was a skinhead with a cannabis leaf tattoo on his head, he got through with no issues, wtf lol.
Hmm who is most likely going to have contraband on them!
I'm a nervous person by character so maybe it shows idk.

Has anyone had problems with taking hardware or juices on Turkish Airlines or getting through security at Birmingham Airport (BHX)?

Correct Dear lady... I am adding daily. Holland/Netherlands not up yet but to keep you content I will add now at this ungodly hour only because I know it well AND I was in Rotterdam last month and it is fantastic for vapers. Schipol good too.
In case you ask dear lady I will be able to personally confirm Zurich, Vienna and Athens this week as I have a busy schedule.
If there is any airport not on the list you require please let me know and I will endevour to pass by on my travels... Pls dont ask for Sofia as I was quite rudely booted out of there once and told not to return, but thats another story..

Sorry, there was no rush i had just assumed someone would have covered it before now. You're doing a tremendous job!

There's Murphy's which you've covered but it's pretty bleak.. Crammed like a sardine into the tiniest of spaces. That wasn't very pleasant even when i smoked. The Heineken bar has a mid sized smoking shelter. The Het Paleis one is even bigger and is cleaned fairly regularly. There's one in one of the lounges which was closed when i passed through last week.

The Sofia story sounds like it could be interesting :D

The Sofia story sounds like it could be interesting :D
You would piss yourself for a week if you knew....Wait till Im pissed and I will reveal all..... (that will be about 5pm today, @3dj is on his way round)

@Flipside looking cagey and suss will be the reason you get pulled up ;)
Me at security...
airplane_paramount_pictures__robert_hays_ted_striker_in_a_sweat.jpg

Got the Birmingham balcony on the op list. Thanks. BTW. The bf pin landed yesterday, thanks. [emoji106]

I remember the smoking area at Geneva - it was actually nicer than the terminal. Inside, nicely decorated, water fountain in the middle. :18:.

Observations on ones already on the list:
Malta: When I was last there (end of 2015) there was a smoking area. There's was a big café at gate 1 end, Jet Express? (disgusting food) and you had to walk through that to an outdoor area. Quite big and under cover with picnic tables. One of the better ones. Haven't been there since.
Lanzarote: The smoking area by the food end is small and there aren't many seats. The one at the opposite end of the terminal is more like a large patio area. Much more space and you can watch the planes.

Some to add info for:
Austria: Salzburg: Terminal 2 (for ski season) there was facility outside duty free.
Innsbruck: Nothing
France: Chambéry: There is a smoking area but the terminal is backwards. You shop and eat before you go through security because it's so pokey (so many forgot they hadn't yet been through and bought large bottles of water by mistake). The smoking area also doubles up as the only large seating area for eating. It's a covered area with tables and chairs, with slight gaps at the edge of the roof for ventilation. Due to the eating/smoking situation it was very awkward and the smokers were all getting negative comments from everyone else. I chose not to partake.
Germany: Berlin Schonefeld: Nothing. It's more a single long corridor than a terminal
Ireland: Shannon: There was one after security. It's a really long walk through corridors and down steps until eventually you end up outside in a cage at tarmac level. It's been nearly 2 years so unsure if it's still there.
Italy: Rome Ciampino: Nothing

EDIT: FYI I've taken my RX200 mod and tank with me through Gatwick and Stansted security a number of times, with a 60ml juice bottle and nobody even bat an eyelid. Same on the way home.

Malta: When I was last there (end of 2015) there was a smoking area. There's was a big café at gate 1 end, Jet Express? (disgusting food) and you had to walk through that to an outdoor area. Quite big and under cover with picnic tables. One of the better ones. Haven't been there since.
Cafe Jet Lounge its called and its not bad... There is another now beyond the secondary passport check which was closed a few years ago but has re opened.

Back
Top Bottom