What's new

Age verification

stevep

Postman
Has anyone come across this when ordering vape related items?
I'm trying to order from https://www.no1ejuice.com and when proceeding to checkout it's asking to verify my age by using Agechecker.net. They ask for my DOB and then my address, I don't go any further as they are an American site and I don't feel safe just putting my details out there.

Anyone else had this or used Agechecker?

Thanks

It's unfortunately becoming much more common, thanks to the US influence and their (partially fabricated) "youth vaping epidemic" bullshit.

It does nothing to stop underage ordering anyway - not that it's exactly an issue over here in the first place.

If I get that sort of thing I'll take my business elsewhere - I'm certainly not happy about flinging my personal details at a website that comes from a place where "data protection" means protecting your right to sell everyone else's data...

heard a few places use age checker and have even asked for a copy of passport to be sent.
easiest way to lose my custom.

what you after as plenty of better suppliers out there.

I have with sellers ive used for years on ebay now i say fuck em their loss not mine i just go elsewhere.

Interesting having a browse through that website, all the pod devices they are practically giving away.

I bought something off them a year or so ago, and didn’t need to prove my age. I’d go elsewhere.

ive not used them since they got hacked and then kept it quiet.

Interesting having a browse through that website, all the pod devices they are practically giving away.

I bought something off them a year or so ago, and didn’t need to prove my age. I’d go elsewhere.

Yeah cheap Kanger coils, £3 a pack.

ive not used them since they got hacked and then kept it quiet.

Didn't know that, deffo not ordering again from them.

It's unfortunately becoming much more common, thanks to the US influence and their (partially fabricated) "youth vaping epidemic" bullshit.

It does nothing to stop underage ordering anyway - not that it's exactly an issue over here in the first place.

If I get that sort of thing I'll take my business elsewhere - I'm certainly not happy about flinging my personal details at a website that comes from a place where "data protection" means protecting your right to sell everyone else's data...
It’s also a legal requirement in the U.K. that ages are verified online

It’s also a legal requirement in the U.K. that ages are verified online

But to my knowledge there's no legislation in place that specifies the use of a verification system from another country.

It should be sufficient under current law that I'm using an age restricted payment system (card or PayPal), having the items shipped to the name and address registered for that payment method and most importantly that I tick the box that says I'm old enough.

If I was underage and I'd 'borrowed' a parent's card, why would I not be able to also access other forms of ID and know their date of birth?

In all honesty, a tick box is just as robust a system and no more or less susceptible to abuse. Especially considering that if you type "agechecker" as a search string the first suggested fill is "agechecker bypass", and if you click that there are hundreds of results on how to get around it...

Back
Top Bottom