What's new

Advice for squonking

Just got on my High Horse I guess? One thing that really saddens me is seeing all the recommendations for unsuitable gear, whether it be squonking or any other form or vaping. The whole idea is that we recommend items that will be beneficial to new vapers surely? A Hadalay is a fine RDA I'm constantly told, which may very well be the case, but............. until one is pretty au fait with the whole process of using a squonker AND has sorted out which style of Bottle suits their style the best.......... ANYTHING with a very shallow Juice Well is a recipe for disaster in my eyes. Start out with something like The Castle, The NarDA etc and you'll get on so much better. The ONLY exception to the rule that I have found has been the Mulciber, but even that 'can' have it's moments.

I started my squonking journey with the Hadalay, still using it everyday. I had a couple of issues with over doing the squeeze initially, but all part of the learning curve. It was a recommendation I got off POTV and I'm grateful for it, I must be easily pleased.

@paul-7 :) I know just what you mean :( I have long thought I was an idiot as so many will tell you that it is THE RDA to end em all. For me, being cack handed and a Muppet generally, it was a nightmare of a thing. We still have one with a Vikset Ultem Cap sitting in a drawer unused.
I still owe YOU a HUGE debt of gratitude for introducing me to the astonishing iai or whatever its name is :) THAT is a wonderful device "Him" so thank you!!!!

To be clear......... I am NOT saying the Hadalay is a duffer, far from it, but for a beginner, I can think of many RDAs that will give you a more rewarding experience until you know what you're doing :2thumbsup:

@paul-7 :) I know just what you mean :( I have long thought I was an idiot as so many will tell you that it is THE RDA to end em all. For me, being cack handed and a Muppet generally, it was a nightmare of a thing. We still have one with a Vikset Ultem Cap sitting in a drawer unused.
I still owe YOU a HUGE debt of gratitude for introducing me to the astonishing iai or whatever its name is :) THAT is a wonderful device "Him" so thank you!!!!

To be clear......... I am NOT saying the Hadalay is a duffer, far from it, but for a beginner, I can think of many RDAs that will give you a more rewarding experience until you know what you're doing :2thumbsup:

from day 1 of seeing the Hadalay I thought hmm that looks like it will be a flavour machine ( and I'm sure it is) but I also thought it would be an over squonkers nightmare ;) so I left it. I did pick up a couple of Entheons as it looked like they had solved the over squonking issues without losing the flavour of the Hadalay and on the whole I think its a winner .

SO glad you like the IAI :) you may well find another winging its way to you in the future ;) watch this space :2thumbsup:

btw to the OP , the Radius V2 is also worth a look ;)

Agree with @Rob and @paul-7 the Halady is a great flavour atty but not so good at squonking, things have moved on alot with squonk atties since the Halady first came out so there are much better atties out there now for squonking and some even have better flavour too.

The Halady is still a great little atty but there are now better squonk atties out there, all most to many now as my ever growing collection shows!!!!

I love my Hadlay, bought another last month for dripping the others purely for squonking. Can be a pain though if you over squonk as it will leak easily. Also found the standard drip tip kept giving me burnt lips so swapped it for a longer wide bore one.

My fave RSA at the moment is the Dead Rabbit SQ. Super easy to build, hasn’t leaked and the flavours excellent.

I’ve got the same 5 wrap brochrome build in these and the Hadlay gives slightly better flavour but for out & about I prefer taking the SQ so it doesn’t leak!

Another couple to look at but dual coil are the Vandy Vape Bonza, really good and the Digiflavor Drop. Both excellent attys and prefer these to my old Dead Rabbit.

Just goes to show you will likely have to kiss a few frog's before you find your prince in the squonk dept. Everyone is different.
If I was being asked to pick a perfect "have a go" squonk set up that I've used I'd say the Pico squeeze and a narda clone. Under twenty five quid from China delivered and universally liked. Plus the benefits of safety circuits.
Rob and I rarely disagree on gear but that's how individual vaping is.
Have a look in the squonking section too and try to absorb as much as you can to see what you feel you would enjoy.

I will add that's not a placating statement above. Just because I or one vaper finds a particular rda perfect it may be a pain in the backside for most. You never realize there's a problem until your in the middle of it.
With rda' s for squonking you should absolutely be looking at criteria that you think could be an issue for the way you like to vape. Then as I say above you may need to try a few before you find what works perfectly for you.
Took me a year of trying rda' s every month to find the one's I use every day and I had some truly awful recommendations on the way. They worked for other's but not for me.

i love my hadalys & own 6 of them, yes if you over squonk em they piss liquid, but since i got my entheon my hadalys hardly get used these days, & for my out & about walking the dog, its the pico squeeze & airlab such a good combo in my eyes...

Back
Top Bottom