What's new

0.5ohm vs 0.2ohm coil (iSub G) - what is the difference?

vanilla

Postman
Hi there,

I'm after some new coils for my iSub G tank, and I've got on fine with the 0.5ohm ones that came with it. Unfortunately, a lot of the (cheapest) vendors seem to be out of stock of the 0.5, but do have the 0.2 in stock. I just wondered what difference I would actually see in practice? Would there be a perceptible difference? I assume that the 0.2 would produce vapour more easily, but would flavour be compromised a little? Also, I presume that my battery (Coolfire IV) would not last quite as long between charges?

Thanks for your help! :D

Hi there,

I'm after some new coils for my iSub G tank, and I've got on fine with the 0.5ohm ones that came with it. Unfortunately, a lot of the (cheapest) vendors seem to be out of stock of the 0.5, but do have the 0.2 in stock. I just wondered what difference I would actually see in practice? Would there be a perceptible difference? I assume that the 0.2 would produce vapour more easily, but would flavour be compromised a little? Also, I presume that my battery (Coolfire IV) would not last quite as long between charges?

Thanks for your help! :D

0.3 oHms or higher on a coolfire as per manufacturer, I would not recommend the 0.2 coil.

Yeah, it's weird because the spec states 0.3, but in the user guide it says 0.2....

Reading the thread title I just can't resist... The difference is 0.3 ohms :D

Seriously though, the 0.2 ohm coil will generate more vapour but you will need to put more power through it to get a similar vape to what you are used to. Not sure how the flavour will be impacted, but it is possible that you would lose some of the flavour.

As MajorVape mentions, check the specs for the device as it would seem it will not fire the coil anyway.

Personally I would stick with the 0.5 ohm coil, but that's just my personal preference.

Reading the thread title I just can't resist... The difference is 0.3 ohms :D

Seriously though, the 0.2 ohm coil will generate more vapour but you will need to put more power through it to get a similar vape to what you are used to. Not sure how the flavour will be impacted, but it is possible that you would lose some of the flavour.

As MajorVape mentions, check the specs for the device as it would seem it will not fire the coil anyway.

Personally I would stick with the 0.5 ohm coil, but that's just my personal preference.

Thanks for that man, I guess it will be best to stick with 0.5 as I know it works for me, and I'm a fussy git anyway! Amazon have 5 for £10, so I guess it's not too bad anyway.

Slight change of subject, but I've only been using this first coil for about two weeks, but I'm starting to notice a degradation in flavour and that it's getting hotter,so I presume I should change the coil. I was told a coil should last 4-6 weeks, and I'm not a heavy vaper at all..... I've only had to recharge the thing 3 times! :D

Thanks for that man, I guess it will be best to stick with 0.5 as I know it works for me, and I'm a fussy git anyway! Amazon have 5 for £10, so I guess it's not too bad anyway.

Slight change of subject, but I've only been using this first coil for about two weeks, but I'm starting to notice a degradation in flavour and that it's getting hotter,so I presume I should change the coil. I was told a coil should last 4-6 weeks, and I'm not a heavy vaper at all..... I've only had to recharge the thing 3 times! :D

Oh how I would love a stock coil to last 4 weeks! It does depend on the juice used of course, the ratio and flavour profile play a big part in the life of a coil, but if a stock coil lasts me over a week, then I'm happy. Once the flavour drops off then it's pretty much time to change it.

Oh how I would love a stock coil to last 4 weeks! It does depend on the juice used of course, the ratio and flavour profile play a big part in the life of a coil, but if a stock coil lasts me over a week, then I'm happy. Once the flavour drops off then it's pretty much time to change it.

Wow! Thanks man, time to change then I guess.....

Yeah, it's weird because the spec states 0.3, but in the user guide it says 0.2....

Yep, I have a coolfire myself and noticed that also, however I personally would not want to use a .2 or a .3 as is it is right on the limit of the battery. Better safe than sorry.

Ordered some 0.5 coils from a seller on amazon for £8.25, seems pretty reasonable. And I've ordered an iSub tank to try.... :D

Switched the coil for a fresh one at lunchtime, and what a difference! Back to that sweet, juicy deliciousness.... :p

Back
Top Bottom