What's new

Wicks that aren't cotton

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58360

So I notice a few companies doing coils with different wicking materials other than cotton and the (now) old fashioned silica string - stuff like seagrass and other fibrous plant based material.

Does it actually make a difference or is it just more marketing wank?

Either way, it's far preferable to the extremely dodgy fad of ceramic elements - seen quite a few little devices that look fairly handy, until enough digging uncovers the ceramic - at which point they get filed in the "not on your fucking life" pile...

You can make mesh wicks for certain tanks. Supposed to be good for fruit and tobacco flavours. Don't have much experience on this though myself

You can make mesh wicks for certain tanks. Supposed to be good for fruit and tobacco flavours. Don't have much experience on this though myself

Tried it.

Failed miserably.

Gave the tank away ;)

I personally don't really notice a difference.
I can't really speak for premade coils as I only use rebuildables, but with rebuildables I don't notice a difference.
Used some "Cannacotton" with hemp/cotton, "Fiber N' Cotton" with cellulose/cotton and "Cellucotton" which is Rayon.
They all pretty much do what they are supposed to do without a whole lot of difference. Biggest difference is the easy of use for me, with some having stronger fibers than others making it easier to work with, but those differences can also be found within different cotton-brands.

I basically just buy Super Sorb Cotton Cord these days (once my supply of other cotton runs out), because it's just the easiest to work with and vapes jsut as well as anything else.

Maybe there is a difference in longevity, but I rewick every other day anyways.

Back
Top Bottom