What's new

Why do people use mechs?

I've had a mech autofire. Very early in my mech days

It wasn't fun and I was lucky
A) because, as I was new, I had a relatively high resistance build. So it fired for 10-15 seconds but that didn't get it to blow.
B) because I caught it on time. It cost me burnt fingers but I managed to undo the atty.

Had it blown, it would likely have shot shrapnel into my heart, as I had the mech in my breast pocket.
The cause; the battery wrap pulled away slightly at the bottom.

Why do I still exclusively use my mech you may ask...?

I really enjoy the hit. I enjoy building it. I enjoy the complexities of it.

I would NEVER recommend a mech over a reg mod though. The same way that if I enjoyed doing parkour across high-rises, I wouldn't recommend it.

It requires care, knowledge, patience, maturity and acceptance of risk.

Good thanks....glad to see you popping back in
It has been a while, so I was having a quiet vape under the verandah the other day and a thought crossed my mind .... I wondered if people are still using mechs .... ;)

It has been a while, so I was having a quiet vape under the verandah the other day and a thought crossed my mind .... I wondered if people are still using mechs .... ;)

Im currently using a vapor shark dna40 small screen with a white skin....now Im wondering how many folk are still using em:)

Im currently using a vapor shark dna40 small screen with a white skin....now Im wondering how many folk are still using em:)
Wow! That's good mileage.
My first ever proper mod back in August 2014 was a Vapor Shark DNA30, which died inside a week and was replaced with a pair of rDNA30s. I remember Brandon of Evolv telling Phil Busardo in 2014-5 that no vaper would ever need more than 30W of power ... how right he was.

Mechs where the beginning and they are simple and reliable so I'd never want to see the end of them. I don't use them as I'm clumsy but I have one in the vapeapocolypse box.
I would like to see more full safety and instructional manuals as simon G said.
It did worry me when the wave of mech squonkers hit the high street.

Wow! That's good mileage.
My first ever proper mod back in August 2014 was a Vapor Shark DNA30, which died inside a week and was replaced with a pair of rDNA30s. I remember Brandon of Evolv telling Phil Busardo in 2014-5 that no vaper would ever need more than 30W of power ... how right he was.

Aye, don't use it all the time....I have it's big brother, the rdna 40 big screen:)

Back
Top Bottom