What's new

Which wire

Joshyboy

Postman
Morning Everybody,

Am just about to make an order for some nichrome wire and wick to attempt my rebuild of the octopus, is 0.17mm with 1mm wick wrapped about 5 times suitable for this as i'd quite like to get the ohms at about 1.8 ? and maybe while i'm at it rebuild some of my nova and evod heads...

All answers greatly appreciated :D

Regards

Josh

Personally on Evods, I use 3mm wick with 0.2mm wire. 4 wraps = 1.7/1.8 ohms. I also add a 3mm wick on top for better flavour :)

AndyC do you add a whole extra wick?? Is this not too much and strangle off the wicks...if it works I will give it a go :)
I currently add two strands from the wick onto the top before pushing on the button.

Steve

No I use a whole 3mm wick, and I have no problems in an Evod or Protank, work just fine :)

Thanks guys, probably worth me getting a tester pack of wire then really just to try them out...

Just get 0.20 and 0.25 mm wire - BUT get the Kanthal-A1 not the nicrom - I find Nicrom ok but others have reported funny metallic taste.

I use a small SS mesh wick with the eVod/ProTank/T3 with a 2mm silica top/flavour wick (helps stop any shorting when you put back the top tube)

Hey everyone,

I did end up getting the Kanthal tester pack with some 1mm wick and have rebuilt the octopus a few times now and getting pretty confident in doing it, coiling it at 1.8ohms so is kicking out really well on my new box mod :D :D :D :D , couldn't of done it without all your help guys with all the videos and such... woooo getting the igo-l next

Regards

Josh

Back
Top Bottom