What's new

Was scared of batteries and high power mods. This thread changed it all.

Do you own the smok alien yourself?

• Total voters
some seriously good advice above. well done guys.
ive come to the conclusion that i dont like the higher wattage tanks/coils that much.
ive got the tfv8 and pushed it to 150watts but only a split second vape and my lungs are full to bursting point and the tank gets waay too hot.
also tried the limitless XL and their coils are rated upto 215watts. same i tried at 150w and same as tfv8 its just way too much heat.
personally i much prefer 50-60watts with a 2-4 second inhale on the crown 1 & 2 and still get great cloud and flavor.
if you are after more cloud at under 100w then just up the VG of your juice but then this isnt great if you are chain vaping as the juice is thicker and will struggle to wick quick enough on certain coils so a risk of dry hits or burning the coil out quicker.

if you are after more cloud at under 100w then just up the VG of your juice but then this isnt great if you are chain vaping as the juice is thicker and will struggle to wick quick enough on certain coils so a risk of dry hits or burning the coil out quicker.

I usually go for the 70/30 and 80/20 liquids but some of my liquids are 50/50 and 60/40 (all numbers in vg favour). I intend to order some flavourings and start making my own liquids next weekend. I am vaping way to much to actually buy liquid lol.. Started vaping to save some money off tobacco but currently spending more haha :D

But yea I agree with you, some very good advice given and it has helped me out alot! I really appreciate all the help I have gotten from everyone on this thread :)

ive got more juice here than most shops lol and at last count im over 4000ml steeping.

the initial outlay is way more than smoking but just by looking at the picture in my signature below my posts ive been vaping for just over 20 months and spent about £3000 on gear but ive now saved £4744 so £1744 in profit and got shed loads of geat to show for it instead of a pile of 12651 fag buts.

Holy shit @MrDJ that is some collection you have mixed up for yourself there lol :) Yea vaping is deffo the better option, same price or not! :)

Hey guys, I just bought some batteries now and the nitecore i2 charger. How would I know if these batteries are bullshit or not? Its the sony vtc4 from ziggicig couple streets away from me.. And why does one pair say warning do not use outside battery pack? What kind of battery pack? Does this mean I should not use them in the smok alien?? Now im getting back to being confused lol..

IMG_20161113_164338.jpg

So if batteries are counterfeit they would DEFINITELY not show a recent production date? Is it not possible they are able to put some correct looking numbers on the counterfeits?

thats the problem, we just dont know. there have been some found about a year ago with hundreds with the same code so almost impossible to tell really.
thats why its always worth only buying from a reputable supplier like fogstar, huggert, torchy.

what price were the batteries compared to fogstar https://www.fogstar.co.uk/

@Carty - do more reading on this forum and your answers would already be found.

VTC4s are fine but are a wee bit on the low side in terms of mAh but see how you get on with them
Mooch rates them at 23A CDR which is good
The stickers are always on these when shipped by air (unusual these days) it's a requirement
The warning about use only in power packs is normal and some LG batteries will also carry that soon
The safe and trusted 18650 li-ion batteries that we use in vaping were never manufactured with vaping in mind
Vaping is very much small potatoes in terms of income for battery manufacturers

Oh, and don't buy batteries from anyone who only packs them or supplies them in thin card boxes, buy yourself some plastic battery boxes which a good supplier - like those we all recommend - will supply batteries in plastic boxes for safety

Back
Top Bottom