What's new

Voopoo drag problems

SOLUTION: There is an easy fix. The USB trick gave me a clue. So here it is what worked for me:

1) QUIT BETTERIES FROM THE MOD and do not go a step further until you do it.

2) Take a cotton bud and impregnate with sanitary alcohol. Dry the excess of alcohol with a tissue paper or towel.

3) Rub with it the micro- usb port.

4) Take a sharp metal object (I used the point of small scissors) and very carefully scratch the contacts in the micro-usb port (be very carefull, so you do not damage pins and do not do this with batteries inside the mod ever). In my case, I took a tiny bit of green stuff, probably some liquid got there and dry, making pins contact each others.

5) clean again the usb port with the cotton bud (try to get very inside it but be carefull and do not let cotton inside the port).

6) Let the mod still and dry without batteries for a night.

This solved this problem with my mod. Please share a comment if it worked for you too. Hope you solve it, guys, it is an awesome mod.

Cheers!

Mine surprisingly hasn't missed a beat since I revived it from the knackers yard (shelf gathering dust). It's now my daily carry again. Along with my old favorite aromamizer v1

Mine is in the drawer of shame. It was saying one of the batteries was empty when it was full! I haven't tried it for a while but I'm not risking it.

After some hours, it again started to not powering up. Again, the definitive solution has been cleaning usb port with a contact-cleaner product and then drying with a blow from an air compressor can and a couple of plugs and unplugs with a micro-usb cable. Now it works perfectly after a day using it. No more "pulling batteries" to power it up.

So, as I said, it is a problem with the usb port. I will more careful with dirt and leaks from now on.

After some hours, it again started to not powering up. Again, the definitive solution has been cleaning usb port with a contact-cleaner product and then drying with a blow from an air compressor can and a couple of plugs and unplugs with a micro-usb cable. Now it works perfectly after a day using it. No more "pulling batteries" to power it up.

So, as I said, it is a problem with the usb port. I will more careful with dirt and leaks from now on.
Stripped mine down to check for liquid ingress. Then left in a cupboard for about a year lol.. Works perfect now.. Oh except it goes up to 157watts no matter what resistance coil is on there and it doesn't say SUPER

Back
Top Bottom