What's new

vision vivi nova rubber seal

MrPT

Postman
Hi, i am hoping to find some regualr users of the vision vivi nova, i have just received my 1st from vapeescape and to be honest as great as the vape is i have what might be considered a serious problem, leaking.

I pinpointed the problem, under the top screw cap which you remove to refill is a rubber seal that goes over the coil and has a metal piece inside, right?

Well, this appears to be too big or i am doing something wrong, when the cap is fully tightened you can look down the centre hole and see the rubber seal has been compressed to such a degree that it has moved to one side and is now leaving a gap between the screwcap and fill tank.

Now, is this something i am doing wrong, been searching and made sure the flat side of the metal is down, not sure if it matters which way up the rubber seal goes, i dont want to start having to trim the seal especially when these arent what i would call cheap but is this the solution? really?

I did watch a video by phil that showed rebuilding the coil, he had trimmed 2 triangles out of the seal over the wicking area, is this what you do? my friend also ordered one and although not mentioned leaking looking at his unit it also does the same thing.

Just for reference this is my order
http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vision-vivi-nova-stv~463

Last edited:
Mine also pushes he seal over slightly when I tighten the top down, it's not leaking though. I always put the metal part down as far as it will go. Try leaving it near the top of the rubber

This sounds like a problem that I had some time ago.
When you look down the middle, it seems off-centre?
What happens is that the centre tube/air column section gets out of line. If you look at the base section, the part with the 510 connector is actually separate from the rest of the base - the part with the threads for the tank. Turns out that they're just pressed together. Sometimes you can actually see that it's all out of line because there's a bit of a gap on one side around that bottom edge. The trick here is to clamp it all back with a heavy duty pair of pliers or something. If you can't really see the gap, you might get away with screwing it into a battery (turned off - or I keep a dead ego around for stuff like this) and just levering it back into the centre with a small screwdriver. You need the tank on to lever against, and to gauge by sight when it's back in line.
Might not be your problem, but it's something that's happened to me a few times. Good luck anyway.

This sounds like a problem that I had some time ago.
When you look down the middle, it seems off-centre?
spot on.
and what do you know i see it, on top of the vamo it is clearly "leaning" one way, tbh though i have done a quick jimmy fix and ran a straightblade (razor) across the top of the tank so the rubber seal is completely flush, although it does still seem squashed it removed oenough as to not create the gap.

I have been in touch with the supplier (vapeescape) and he suggested doing what phil did creating notches in the rubber, this kind of scares the bejeezus out of me too much and you knacker it he also suggested turning the tube over, could things be that simple?, but i have to compliment this company here as i named the supplier, the repsonse time was incredible to my problem, i actually had a response before i finished posting here, hats off to them for great support.

How is it leaking exactly?

Does e-liquid come out of the 510 connection? or from somewhere else?

Which way round do you have the rubbery top piece? The flat metal side of it goes onto the centre post so the 'cupped' metal side faces up when you look down it once it's all assembled.

Is it a stock head or have you rebuilt it?

Did you tighten the head down onto the centre post before you started using it. Almost all of the vivi leaking issues happen because the atomiser head part isn't tightened onto the centre post, when they come in the box the head that is fitted to the unit isn't tight and needs to be tightened before you fill it, or the coil sits too high and juice gets down the centre post and leaks out of the bottom of the 510 connection.

The top rubbery seal seals the top of the post flush against the top cap. If you've put the top cap on and it's bending the post a bit then that's likely because the atomiser coil isn't screwed on right. That seal is to make sure the vapour goes from the coil out of the drip tip when you inhale, as well as stop the unit leaking if you turn it upside down.

Last edited:
The leaking is from the mouthcap/driptip. When the top cap is fully tightened the rubber bung between the coil and driptip top screwcap is sqaushed to such an extent it leans to one side presenting a gap between the rubber and juice chamber, this then can, when laid down, freely flow into the top cap and out through the driptip.

I did completely take it apart yesterday and swap the shipped 2.5ohm coil for the 1.8ohm coil with the new rubber seal, after replies from the vendor and here ensured the metal piece was flat side down and pushed all the way to the coil, i ensured the coil was fully finger tightened (and then a little more push with pliers) and the base was then fully tightened on the tube. Upon final assembly again the topcap when fully screwed down pushed the rubber bung to one side under pressure.

Its not a huge problem to slide a straightblade over the bung to slither a small amount off, if this is neccesary, but for me, this shouldnt be neccesary on what i consider to be a premium item and feel it must be something i am doing wrong. I shall try and get some pictures to shoe the problem.

edit: below is a picture of what is happening, you can see on the right hand side the rubber seal has moved to the left, whats not visible is the then "hole" between the seal and the fluid chamber
2ngvex1.jpg

Last edited:
I use vivi novas amongst other tanks and have had this problem with one or two of them. Adjusting the rubber position before fitting the top cap usually helps.
There are a few variations of these tanks and varying replacement heads too.
Heads need to be changed every so often and when I bought replacements I got 2 different types.
There is the type you show in your photos and there is this type :
http://www.goodyvapes.com/vivi-nova-replacement-head/
I didn't buy mine from this link, it was just the first one I could find that showed the other type of head.
This centre pin helps to eliminate the problem you are having.
You should be able to get it to seal without buying these really but it is worth bearing in mind, or if you have some old clearos with this style rubber and pin, pinch one from one of those and try it.

It you're still having the problem try cutting the end off a cotton but, slip it through the top cap and use it as a guide to centre the rubber cap as you tighten the top cap down..

OK. So there a couple of ways to fix this. What is happening is that in that little top rubber seal part there's a metal washer thing with a flat side and a 'cup' side. That's push fit inside the rubber and will slide around. If it slides too far down then too much rubber sticks up at the top. If you perfectly centre the top cap as you screw it down then this isn't a problem the cap squishes it back into place, so no leaking. If it's slightly off centre then you can sometimes get leaks as you describe. The other way this can happen as described up thread is that the centre post which is press fit onto the bottom plate can get out of line a little. That tends to happen if you knock your PV over with a Nova attached to it, if you take everything off the nova leaving only the centre post with no head attached and no tank on, put it upside down so the post is flat on a table and push down firmly on the base plate this can sometimes help straighten it out a bit.

Those heads with the 'centre pin' in are from Smoktech Vivi Novas. I've never seen them in person I've only ever used Vision Vivi Novas, so I have no idea whether they'll fit or not.

(also in the course of this thread I've realised that I only ever keep my vivi novas upright so don't have this issue at all but I looked at a couple of the tanks in my tacklebox and I did see this happening on 2 of them.)

So to fix it.

Inside the drip tip of every Vision Vivi nova there is another silicon rubber tube that fits into the rubber bit that goes onto the head. You can poke this out with a toothpick and slip it into the rubber seal and it acts like the 'centre pin' in the SmokTech Vivi tanks and guides everything so it screws down centrally and you get no leaks. It has a flat end and a bevelled end insert it into the top rubber bit flat end first, so that the bevelled end slides into the driptip.

You can reset the metal insert in the top piece like this.
Screw the atomiser head onto the centre post tightly. Push the top silicon rubber seal onto the head the right way around and press down as tight as it will go. you'll see the sides of this rubber piece bulge a little and then it'll spring back and you should be able to see a little 1mm or so gap between the top edge of the atomiser and the metal washer. Use a 'pokey thing' to push it back so it's flush with the top of the centre post. the rubber only goes down so far as there is a little ridge on the centre post.

If you go down the cutting notches in it route (see the PBusardo vivi rebuild video) what you're doing is letting the rubber seal slide over this ridge as well as accommodate more wick if you have rebuilt it yourself so it slides down further and you don't get this leaking issue.

However sliding that extra silicon piece out of the drip tip and fitting into the top rubbery bit will almost certainly fix any top cap leaking issues you have.

I'll try and update this thread with some pics soon.

Ah. Both my vivi drip tips have the kettle silicone tube inside them. Didn't know they were supposed to go inside the bigger silicone tube. Thought they were just a restrictor

Back
Top Bottom