What's new

Vaporesso Target Mini TCR settings

spikey1

Postman
Can anybody confirm that as these are 4 digit you just put 0 first then the same TCR as you would on a Joyetech mod, so for example Stealthvape Nife30 would be 0500?

This is what I've done but temp needs to be set much lower than I'd expect.

Many thanks,

S.

Right as an update and after watching Busardo's review it appears this thing is high on temp, particularly in Ti mode. I was using Nife48 and entered a TCR OF 0404, which is what I use on Joyetechs apart from the first 0 of course.

I'm thinking as the TCR is fairly close to Ti this is why it is warm. Busardo's tests suggested as much as 70 f too high using Ti which isn't far off what I found.

I've recoiled using Stealthvape Nife30, set the TCR to 0500 and it's a little better but I reckon still about 50 ish degrees f more than it should be.

I'm using a Pico which I know can be flakey with TC unless everything is really tight but I've double checked that and the resistance is staying stable.

For me I think part of the issue is this is one of those mods that sticks out it's maximum wattage initially to get up to temp then drops it to regulate. I normally use mods where the wattage can be set, have it fairly low and don't use any boost function, so I'm not use to immediately being at temp which will make a difference (I MTL).

One thing I do know is there was no sign of scorched cotton at all, even with it's supposed high firing, so it is regulating albeit at higher than I set.

With the Pico it makes a really small, pocket friendly set up.

@spikey1 How much lower?

0500 is probably correct, if you were out by a factor of 10 it would either not produce any vapour (if you set 10x too low) or instantly dry hit (if you set 10x too high).

Last edited:
Right as an update and after watching Busardo's review it appears this thing is high on temp, particularly in Ti mode. I was using Nife48 and entered a TCR OF 0404, which is what I use on Joyetechs apart from the first 0 of course.

I'm thinking as the TCR is fairly close to Ti this is why it is warm. Busardo's tests suggested as much as 70 f too high using Ti which isn't far off what I found.

I've recoiled using Stealthvape Nife30, set the TCR to 0500 and it's a little better but I reckon still about 50 ish degrees f more than it should be.

You could try adjusting the TCR (lowering it) to compensate. Lowering TCR by 10-15% sounds like it should match up with your familiar temp settings.

For me I think part of the issue is this is one of those mods that sticks out it's maximum wattage initially to get up to temp then drops it to regulate. I normally use mods where the wattage can be set, have it fairly low and don't use any boost function, so I'm not use to immediately being at temp which will make a difference (I MTL).

I agree with this. For low airflow tanks (I vape mainly restricted DTL), these mods that automatically max out when you fire in TC are a pain in the arse. It's fine for an aromamizer or something like that, but with something like a kayfun you want to be able to drop it to 20W or so to stop it overshooting on ramp up.

Cheers @danb but it's probably just as easy to lower the temp, I do think it's mostly due to getting the full 40 watts initially and it's more that I'm not use to coils instantly being at temperature which is how I prefer to MTL.!

NiFe30 absolute TCR is 0.00320 ((0)320 adjusted), I understand Stealthvapes NiFe may have a slightly different value.

An entered value of (0)404 might be slightly high hence the harsher end result. As suggested by @danb, a reduction of 10-15% might make it a little softer and back within a range you are happier with.

NiFe30 absolute TCR is 0.00320 ((0)320 adjusted), I understand Stealthvapes NiFe may have a slightly different value.

An entered value of (0)404 might be slightly high hence the harsher end result. As suggested by @danb, a reduction of 10-15% might make it a little softer and back within a range you are happier with.

0320 (adjusted) is the TCR for Dicodes Nife30, which I also use.

0400-0404 is the adjusted TCR for Nife48.

0500 again adjusted is correct for Stealthvape Nife30, but as I say I think I understand the effect I'm getting now coupled with the fact that Busardo's test results shows it fires warm.

Cheers, S.

Another update, the mod wasn't the major problem, it was the Pico clone. Despite working fine on other mods and reading correctly on different ohm meters (after re-coiling to make sure) for some reason it didn't like the Target Mini.

Put a Calix V2 Nano on and everything works pretty well, only a little out on temp but only about 20-30 degrees F.

I really don't know why I try other tanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom