What's new

Vaping has just got real for me!

That's a nice tidy looking build @Jaffacakes !! Happy vaping dude!! Don't worry about your initial outlay, see it as an investment & your costs will soon undercut your smoking budget

Which RDA is that & what are you eying up? I've been dripping & squonking all lockdown so I've been doing some research myself :D

Yeh I know and defo the savings will soon catch up. At the moment it will take 2 months to catch up lol.

And the Hellvape dead rabbit I keep coming across on here, but tbh i am not sure what the differences are for RDAs. I know tanks (more so with stock coils) have a massive difference. But now I have got a couple of build s done and realised they arent overly difficult I dont want a beginner one, I would like one I can grow into so to speak.

Oh a squonker wouldn't be a bad addition, but I quite like the process of dripping as it's a bit like rolling cigarettes in that you have to roll one before you smoke it if that makes sense...

Yeh I know and defo the savings will soon catch up. At the moment it will take 2 months to catch up lol.

And the Hellvape dead rabbit I keep coming across on here, but tbh i am not sure what the differences are for RDAs. I know tanks (more so with stock coils) have a massive difference. But now I have got a couple of build s done and realised they arent overly difficult I dont want a beginner one, I would like one I can grow into so to speak.

Oh a squonker wouldn't be a bad addition, but I quite like the process of dripping as it's a bit like rolling cigarettes in that you have to roll one before you smoke it if that makes sense...

Yeah, dripping really isn't that bad unless you're really in a lazy mood & are just sitting watching the TV, having a chill & a vape

I've had a Dead Rabbit v2 arrive today, might be worth a looking at, really easy to build, two airflow options, pretty much impossible to over drip . Not sure it's a step up in terms of difficulty, it's pretty straight forward

Yeah, dripping really isn't that bad unless you're really in a lazy mood & are just sitting watching the TV, having a chill & a vape

I've had a Dead Rabbit v2 arrive today, might be worth a looking at, really easy to build, two airflow options, pretty much impossible to over drip . Not sure it's a step up in terms of difficulty, it's pretty straight forward

Yeh please let me know! One thing I am finding but it could be my wicking is that my RDA does leak a bit. But then I could be juicing it too much!

And I can't vape whilst just chilling in front of the tv as the missus makes me go to the window so I drip before I get up, much like I would when rolling smokes lol.

Sorry maybe I am overthinking it as I don't quite know the differences between RDAs other than looks and build quality... I guess as long as it vapes well and decent enough space to build then it'll be a winner right?

Yeh please let me know! One thing I am finding but it could be my wicking is that my RDA does leak a bit. But then I could be juicing it too much!

Sorry maybe I am overthinking it as I don't quite know the differences between RDAs other than looks and build quality... I guess as long as it vapes well and decent enough space to build then it'll be a winner right?

Exactly, most duel coil RDAs now are designed to taker massive coils so you generally get loads of space to build

I'm liking it but I like the original Dead Rabbit & Drop Dead RDA's, they're all from the same company & the DR v2 is like a mish mash of the other two

Your wicking looked stella, so it sounds like you're maybe over dripping the RDA's reserve.

With RDAs you've got the juicewell & height of the airflow to consider as to how much you can drip in there, then there's the airflow & turbulence. You want an airflow that suits you & a smooth airflow. The ease of build, though they're all pretty easy to build nowadays. Then the flavour which ties in with airflow, you want an airflow you like which delivers in your face flavour without too much messing about

You're best off watching a bunch of Youtuber reviews, pick out a few you like the sound of then search on here for them to see what non-reviewers think of them, check Reddit or read the reviews on Fasttech

Exactly, most duel coil RDAs now are designed to taker massive coils so you generally get loads of space to build

I'm liking it but I like the original Dead Rabbit & Drop Dead RDA's, they're all from the same company & the DR v2 is like a mish mash of the other two

Your wicking looked stella, so it sounds like you're maybe over dripping the RDA's reserve.

With RDAs you've got the juicewell & height of the airflow to consider as to how much you can drip in there, then there's the airflow & turbulence. You want an airflow that suits you & a smooth airflow. The ease of build, though they're all pretty easy to build nowadays. Then the flavour which ties in with airflow, you want an airflow you like which delivers in your face flavour without too much messing about

You're best off watching a bunch of Youtuber reviews, pick out a few you like the sound of then search on here for them to see what non-reviewers think of them, check Reddit or read the reviews on Fasttech

Ahh ok thanks for that mate! Yeh I defo want flavour! All the flavour lol! I have found that my current RDA kicks out the vapour but is a little lacklustre on flavour. But that could be my basic coils lol. But I wouldn't mind a hit of faffing as tinkering I do quite like, but might get tedious lol.

Well pay day is next week for me so I'll have a week to do some research as I didn't research the one I bought as it was based on price and nothing else lol.

And thanks man, I'm glad you liked the look of my wicking :). Many you tube videos watched on it Haha!

Ahh ok thanks for that mate! Yeh I defo want flavour! All the flavour lol! I have found that my current RDA kicks out the vapour but is a little lacklustre on flavour. But that could be my basic coils lol. But I wouldn't mind a hit of faffing as tinkering I do quite like, but might get tedious lol.

Well pay day is next week for me so I'll have a week to do some research as I didn't research the one I bought as it was based on price and nothing else lol.

And thanks man, I'm glad you liked the look of my wicking :). Many you tube videos watched on it Haha!

It could be down to the wire, there's quite a few more options with claptons, fused claptons, flat wire & the like then there's different materials to play around with. It could be coil placement or the wattage & airflow combo, have a play with it & have fun

Nice story.
Finding your own way to stay away from tabacco is gift of the gods. No matter if you use a super beast RDA, a subóhm tank or a POD.
Not everybody can say "I dint tocuched a cig since I vape".

Another quick update for you apes and apettes!

Day 14 of not smoking, the thought of having a stinkie is getting less and less frequent... infact I think that's the first time I had thought about them today (oh the irony :18::18:).

So I have been tweaking my coils pretty much continuously since my first build, what was that 5 days ago? I'm not sure lol. I don't even know what day it is atm :rolleyes: . So I watched a video on how to twist your own wire this morning (without a drill) and I think it has come out pretty good (see attached build). 26AWG Kanthal with a 0.22 ohms (finally got close to where I wanted it (0.2 ohms)). Although we shall see where this one ends up after a day or 2 as all my coils seem to get higher in resistance, any thoughts on that would be muchly appreciated...

I have got the coils where I think they are best in the RDA, tried lots of different placements and wicking techniques, found that the best wicking technique is muji, take both layers off, twist and insert. Nice and simple :)

I have also come up with a simple DIY recipe which should allow me to have an ADV so I can tweak other recipes and find better ones! Vaping it now :) with a slightly lower nic level of 5mg instead of 6 so will see how I get on with that level.

Pay day Friday which means more vaping stuff... lol. Going to order a couple of RDAs if they are still in stock along with some more concentrates as most of the ones I got I don't particularly like lol.

Anyways as always thank you for reading and hope it's some help to some of you just starting out, and those experienced vapers feel free to give me any pointers :) and of course stay safe all.

20200415_173442.jpg
20200415_173518.jpg

Last edited:
Spongitis striking hard, uh?

Not necessarily, I bought the RDA on the cheap to see if I could A) do it and B) enjoy it. And if I did I was going to do more research and buy a better suited one. But there are 2 that I want lol, so yeh I guess a little, and the concentrates were a bit of a stab in the dark although I have done DIY before but can't remember the ones I used to use haha!

Back
Top Bottom