What's new

Vaping fever and cold

Badayuni

Postman
Hey

I wanted to know what you experience of vaping is in relation to colds, fever sore throat etc

The reason I ask is since I quit cigarettes and moved to vaping I've got a bad cold, including cough sore throat blocked nose fever etc

I moved to vaping exactly 6 months to the day and I've got a bad cold on 4 occasions. The latest one starting yesterday. Pre vaping I used to get a cold only one or twice a year if that.

I'm not saying this is attributed to vaping but its defo a suspect as my lifestyle hasn't really changed.

Have you noticed that your getting a fever etc more often since vaping?

No, but if you've been a smoker for a while then your body will almost become accustomed to it. Biologically it'll become the norm as it were.

Just like if you took away all of your vitamin D, even though the toxins in cigarettes do not go any way towards a healthy body, the fact that one day they're there and then they're not leaves a void.

Basically when quitting smokes your body is fragile for a while. The nic hit part Vaping substitutes, as it does the hand to mouth habit, but the replacement of the toxins it can't. So the void still exists.

In short, expect it. For a while yet. Same with scratchy throats, headaches, muscle cramps etc.... You're just having a (very slow) biological purge.

Since vaping I have had less colds and barely a hint of a sore throat.

i have no immune system thanks to meds im on so im more at risk of cold,flu,pnumonia.
ive been on these meds for 20 years and i used to get colds and flu with chest infections at least twice a year.
since vaping for 4.5 years i can count colds and flu on two two fingers and no chest infections.

I used to get about 8 colds a year. Since vaping I’ve had one and got over it in record time. It could still be your body getting used to the change.

When I first quit smoking back in 2005 I ended up getting bronchitis 10 months later that half killed me. I’d never had it in all the years I smoked.

If the symptoms are continuing I’d go and see a doc just to get checked out. Could be vape related or could be a sign you’re run down.

I never really get the cold etc
But I do feel a lot better after quitting
Breathing and taste buds are alive
Not that my breathing was bad
I just feel the difference more energetic and strangely enough healthier [emoji108]

I’ve noticed that I get far fewer colds than I used to, and those I do get aren’t nearly as bad. If you smoked for a long time, I would put it down to your body slowly adjusting.

I did get a few more colds coming off 30 ciggies a day ........... but I get fewer now than I ever did. :)

I don’t really get colds from when I gave up smoking. But I do get an itchy arse due to vaping.

Back
Top Bottom