What's new

Vamo V2 problem

bonezee

Postman
Recently started to get issues with my vamo switching itself off. It takes ages to get it going again most of the time,although sometimes it comes back on in a couple of clicks.
It's only about 3 months old with a Kanger protank sitting on it. I'm pretty miffed as to what is causing it?
has any body else had issues and worked out a way of sorting it?
I purchased it from the vaping vault and on their website it says they would have to examine it and send it back to the manufacturer before they would replace or refund for it.and having broken both of my ego's at a gig last month i'm not in a position to wait for a replacement,so i really need to solve this issue and quick.
Thanks for reading and hope to get some valuable advice soon.

Have you checked the ohms as the vamo will cut out below 1 I think .

And any chance of a short somewhere as this may be causing it :hmm:

Ohms is 1.9. I rebuild the heads myself and i'm pretty sure that the vamo reads a short at 9.9 ohms? Don't think there's a short?

Think i may have cracked it?
I noticed that the rubber insulator is not a particularly good fit,so i presumed some juice may have weeped into the electrics?
So i took the bottom tube off and held it upside down under the hand drier in the bog at work for a few minutes,then i let it cool down put it all back together and it now switches on/off with 5 clicks every time.It's never done that since new,sometimes 4 or 6 clicks but now 5 every time.
And also it made the rubber insulator swell up a bit and is a much better fit aswell.
Fingers crossed it will keep working?

Nice one :) .

Mend and make do with a hand drier, thats gotta be a first hehe.
Hope its sorted it for good

And a mod going down at home is one thing but at work ?! .....

I'd probably pull a Sicky to get home and sort it lol

Just gave it a proper caning and seems to be all good(fingers crossed).
VTF seems to be a lot better now too,i can whack the watts up without it burning my juice!:woot:

Nice one :) .

Mend and make do with a hand drier, thats gotta be a first hehe.
Hope its sorted it for good

And a mod going down at home is one thing but at work ?! .....

I'd probably pull a Sicky to get home and sort it lol
It was bearable if i could get it to stay on,but now seems like brand new again.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom