What's new

Uwell Crown - Leaking and Dry Hits Are Driving Me Nuts

matty007

Okay,

So I recently brought a Uwell Crown and I must say that when I first used it, I thought 'Wow, what a amazing tank this is'. Great flavour, draw, everything.

Well... that lasted about a day.

Suddenly it just started leaking from the airflow hole. It would mostly leak when slightly tilted, but dumped juice regardless, even when standing up!. Then the dry hits also started. I must confess that these were largely relieved by loosening the top cap, but quickly came back. How anyone gets 4 weeks out of one coil I will never know. I have used 4 now and they last about 3 days max. And yes, before you ask, I prime them properly.

So. I read a few threads and tried something simple. I treated it like a Kayfun and closed the airflow, filled from the top, slightly screwing the top cap on and then turning upside down and tightening the top cap. This worked well....but again, for a day or two. Then back to leak and dry hit city.

So then I changed all the o-rings, still nothing. Sometimes it will not leak at all and then suddenly dump juice. And at the moment it will give me a dry hit or two then work fine for a bit, and then another dry hit and leaking.

I do seem to notice that loosening the top cap does alleviate the dry hits, but like I said, it's short term. I also notice condensation build up on the inside of the tank.

If anybody can help me with this I would really appreciate it. It's a fantastic tank when it cooperates and I would like to it work properly. Aside from being a complete pain in the ... for it to suddenly get my mod all soaked in e-juice, it is also wasting my money by dumping my beloved Glazed Doughnuts juice everywhere. And the inconsistent dry hits are also a real pain.

Please help. Thanks :)

Okay,

So I recently brought a Uwell Crown and I must say that when I first used it, I thought 'Wow, what a amazing tank this is'. Great flavour, draw, everything.

Well... that lasted about a day.

Suddenly it just started leaking from the airflow hole. It would mostly leak when slightly tilted, but dumped juice regardless, even when standing up!. Then the dry hits also started. I must confess that these were largely relieved by loosening the top cap, but quickly came back. How anyone gets 4 weeks out of one coil I will never know. I have used 4 now and they last about 3 days max. And yes, before you ask, I prime them properly.

So. I read a few threads and tried something simple. I treated it like a Kayfun and closed the airflow, filled from the top, slightly screwing the top cap on and then turning upside down and tightening the top cap. This worked well....but again, for a day or two. Then back to leak and dry hit city.

So then I changed all the o-rings, still nothing. Sometimes it will not leak at all and then suddenly dump juice. And at the moment it will give me a dry hit or two then work fine for a bit, and then another dry hit and leaking.

I do seem to notice that loosening the top cap does alleviate the dry hits, but like I said, it's short term. I also notice condensation build up on the inside of the tank.

If anybody can help me with this I would really appreciate it. It's a fantastic tank when it cooperates and I would like to it work properly. Aside from being a complete pain in the ... for it to suddenly get my mod all soaked in e-juice, it is also wasting my money by dumping my beloved Glazed Doughnuts juice everywhere. And the inconsistent dry hits are also a real pain.

Please help. Thanks :)

Hey and welcome :).

Sounds like a bad batch of coils or possible fakes :(. Obviously all you can do there is buy another box from a different vendor and hopefully get a decent box :). I've heard repeated complaints about Crown I coils, but I've yet to get one!! I use 2 Crown I's and have used all 4 different available types of coils.

As for the leaking, invariably this is due to an iffy oring or something affecting the negative pressure. If the pressure inside the tank is all screwy too, it can mess with how the cotton resaturates after each vape too.. Otherwise...

Have you checked the ends of the glass tube are nice and even and no damage?
Have you tried the spare glass tube??
Are you sure you swapped out EVERY single o-ring (if you missed one, the one you missed could be the problem)??

So I'm very happy to announce that I have fixed the problem. I was right to an extent it was a vacuum problem, but alas it did also turn out to be a coil problem.

I read some things on the internet and decided that I would use a new coil. But this time, I pricked holes into the cotton with a safety pin. Two in each port and two at the top. Put in the new coil and it seemed to not leak anymore. I could leave it on it's side etc and it would be leak free.

The hit's however were still patchy at best and there was no bubbles rising. So then I unscrewed the glass tube slightly while it was still assembled with juice and was met with many rising bubbles. It is now hitting flawlessly every time and I have bubbles rising after every draw.

I am now very pleased with this tank. It performs amazingly and is very flavoursome. Hopefully this thread will help those that were suffering like me. These coils can obviously suffer from overtight cotton in the coils that can be relieved through pricking, and can also suffer from airlock/vacumm problems due to the glass tube.

Something is loose. Tilt on 1, 2, se1 and no leaks. Losen either top or bottom just a fraction and it pours out the air holes.

What ratio juice. Crown coils are much better with 70/30.
80/20 will work but struggle a bit especially if you take big rigs on it.

So I'm very happy to announce that I have fixed the problem. I was right to an extent it was a vacuum problem, but alas it did also turn out to be a coil problem.

I read some things on the internet and decided that I would use a new coil. But this time, I pricked holes into the cotton with a safety pin. Two in each port and two at the top. Put in the new coil and it seemed to not leak anymore. I could leave it on it's side etc and it would be leak free.

The hit's however were still patchy at best and there was no bubbles rising. So then I unscrewed the glass tube slightly while it was still assembled with juice and was met with many rising bubbles. It is now hitting flawlessly every time and I have bubbles rising after every draw.

I am now very pleased with this tank. It performs amazingly and is very flavoursome. Hopefully this thread will help those that were suffering like me. These coils can obviously suffer from overtight cotton in the coils that can be relieved through pricking, and can also suffer from airlock/vacumm problems due to the glass tube.
Hello,

Am facing the same issue with vacuum mechanism and getting dry hits and leaking. I did the hols thing to the coil but no change in result. But after trying unscrewe the glass tube something strange happened, now the glass tube is losing but still in where it meant to be without leaking (till now), i can rotate the glass tube in both sides without reach to a holding point. Well, after that i can see the bubbles coming out after every vape, and no leaking. I am not sure if it’s meant to be like that or no, but i think it solved my vacuum and dry hits issue. Am using 60/40 juice because 70/40 make the situation worse. So, can I keep it like that? Anyone have the same issue with losing tube? Any advice will be appreciated

I’ve had a crown 1 and 3 for ages, neither have leaked, I’m at a loss why it’s happening to yours, saying that I know very little, I’m just pointing out it’s not normal behaviour of a crown.

Ps can you send the recipe for a 70/40 mix?

I’ve had a crown 1 and 3 for ages, neither have leaked, I’m at a loss why it’s happening to yours, saying that I know very little, I’m just pointing out it’s not normal behaviour of a crown.

Ps can you send the recipe for a 70/40 mix?
Sorry it was a typo, I meant vg/pg 70/30. And that’s killer kustard from Vapetasia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 250
Now, the taste is muted and am out of coils. Maybe because the cotton already burned. I will buy new set of .25ohm and i will give it another try. The thing is i just quite smoking and don’t wont to go back smoking. I thought Vaping is something easy to manage but it looks complicated a little.

what nic shot are you using with the kustard. its 70/30 with zero but it depends which nic shot youve added as it will make it thicker if its vg based or thinner with pg based. im using 50/50 and still no leakes.

Back
Top Bottom