What's new

Thinking of some kit for my elderly Mum

The Limitless Pulse is a pod kit you fill with your own liquid. It's got flashy lights but they can be turned off. Not great battery life though.

The new Innokin T20 looks pretty straightforward too, though not an AIO.

Pod kits are probably the best "catch all" solution for older folks, but I'd even try handing your tank to your mum and asking her to refill it. If she can handle it ok then the choices widen. Sadly lot of tanks do sometimes get very difficult to take apart to refill, but most of the top fill ones are pretty good. The aio coil/tank based kits are good, but a lot of the time replacing the coil can take a bit of faffing - pushing the coil in while turning etc - and even filling them you have to be observant of the line. Some older folk might struggle with this, but again, I'm sure there are plenty who could cope ok so it's worth getting her to see how well she could cope with refilling etc.

My mum uses aerotanks and istick 30s. Doddle for her to fill and the coils can be rebuilt ( by myself I must add as they are tiny and not a little fiddly). She's been using them for a couple of years now and has gone from a 50 year, 30 a day smoking habit to just a single cigarette in the morning. But she's 74 so I don't hassle her about that.

Edit: I bought her an AIO but she also struggled with the child lock due to her arthritis.

It's not an AIO but I recently bought my missus an Innokin Endura T18 kit. For what it is, I'm bloody impressed. She loves it. It's a good MTL vape and very easy to use and maintain. Just ordered the missus a load of spare coils from Fasttech.

That may be an option.

My mother-in-law is in a similar boat, and she uses a istick 40 with a full size nautilus with no issues whatsoever

Thanks again, guys :) My head is spinning from asll the choices now! I should have started a poll shouldn't I? Then picked the one with the most votes.

It's not an AIO but I recently bought my missus an Innokin Endura T18 kit. For what it is, I'm bloody impressed. She loves it. It's a good MTL vape and very easy to use and maintain. Just ordered the missus a load of spare coils from Fasttech.

That may be an option.
Second this. These are a doddle to unscrew and fill the t18e kit gives a more punchier throut hit than the new t20 kit. The icares are a pita to fill up as you have to unscrew the atomiser from the mod and then fill and the plastic/rubber mouth piece that you use to unscrew the coil can break and you cant buy them seperate

I was going to get my old man an aspire k3 looks like a great no nonsense mod.

Back
Top Bottom