What's new

Thinking of some kit for my elderly Mum

jay2

Postman
My Mum is in her eighties ( though you wouldn't know it to look at her) , has lung cancer (though, most of the time , you wouldn't know that either) and still smokes, albeit lightly.

i got her to try vaping at some point, and she was appreciative, seemed to get along with it, but didn't keep it up. I can't recall exactly what kit I bought for her before, but I'm thinking of gettting her back onto the vaping, and looking round for suitable kit.

I'm think an AIO set-up would minimise the faff for her. I'm a bit of a fan of Aspire so I've been checking out the Aspire Breeze. Not sure about that. The 650 mAh seems a bit niggardly, for one thing. And I have concerns anout passthrough batteries. I thought they were dangerous? (though my info might be well out-of-date) .

Also, errr, I don't know how you go about changing the coil in these AOI kits? Aspire don't mention that at all! I've been assured that you can chanfge the coils in AOI, or at least you can change in one tthat they tried to sell to me me, once, at a B&M store. (I was like "What? but don't you have to throw the whole thing out when the coil burns out?" )

Anyway, my Mum still has all her marbles,and she's bright, but she always has been somewhat daft. So I really want a daftness proof kit if such exists, but without sacrificing too much in the way of vapabillity.

Any good ideas?

Thanks.

I struugle filling my aio (or should i say taking off and refitting the cap).

How about a vision spinner type battery with a mini aerovape tank? Fab kit, easy to use and simple.

Yes, i have one and use it!

I struugle filling my aio (or should i say taking off and refitting the cap).

How about a vision spinner type battery with a mini aerovape tank? Fab kit, easy to use and simple.

Yes, i have one and use it!

Thanks for the suggesion, and the timely warning! I actually have a few of those in my possession , if you're thinking of the Kanger MOW range ? And i do agree, though it's not my favourite kit, TBH. I was attracted by the huge range of colours, I am a sucker for bright colours, and they help me keep track of which flavour juice I put in which tank.

I also have a bunch of different coloured Aspire ETS tanks , same reason, but they are not so good TBH. Maybe it's me, but they keep spitting and gurgling on me. Ah well, at least I got most of 'em cheap in pre-TPD sales.

Mum is coming on a visit in the near future, so i can let her try the kanger kit out :) I might even be persuaded to part with a bit of my insane collection .

Also, thanks to hol and pal1dan :). I'll check those out.

Oh! @Miss Pepper: which AIO do you have? I'm gonna definitely mark that one "avoid"

I'd 2nd the recommendation for the Bo Kit. I got one for my dad for Christmas and he's surprisingly still using it and they bought another one so my mum could have one and 3 people from his work have also bought them.

I had one myself until I lost it on a night out and it's a great piece of kit, the pods make it really easy for beginners and it's about as close to cigarettes in the term and draw that I think you can get.

Would aspire pockex be a good recommendation? Have a look have one myself and passed onto my old man he finds it easy to use

Back
Top Bottom