What's new

Submokey Mask 60

The mod starts firing only when the sensor is in contact with the skin..I can touch it with anything else and it won't fire or turn on or do anything..even if I put a shirt over my finger it still won't fire unless there is a skin contact

That's as may be.

But, certain types of touch sensors require constant power to be in a 'ready' state.

Just something he can check to tick off a list of potential problems. Parasitic drain is a factor with all regulated mods because they are never really 'off' as they must be able to recognise clicks on the button - but this drain should be minimal. If the battery loses a lot of charge overnight then it's a problem with either the mod or battery..

Yes but........

A high standby current may not indicate a fault, it could just be a factor of design choices.

Like those yihi chips that are famous for high enough standby current to destroy a cell, yet are not faulty.

Sorry again :))... So first picture when it's turned on... Second picture is when firing... There is an option switch off after 2 minutes... And there is an option in the menu to turn it off completely... Cut off is set at and the lowest setting is 2.5.

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_165441.jpg
    IMG_20211015_165441.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20211015_165518.jpg
    IMG_20211015_165518.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20211015_165826.jpg
    IMG_20211015_165826.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20211015_165944.jpg
    IMG_20211015_165944.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20211015_165531.jpg
    IMG_20211015_165531.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20211015_165752.jpg
    IMG_20211015_165752.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
Yes but........

A high standby current may not indicate a fault, it could just be a factor of design choices.

Like those yihi chips that are famous for high enough standby current to destroy a cell, yet are not faulty.

True. Yihi are notorious for high parasitic drain, but the people that are affected by it are those that leave their mods unused for long periods with batteries installed. The parasitic drain of some Yihi chips will run down batteries over a period of weeks rather than over a few days. In this case the OP is getting only half the run time on 2 different mods when using the same battery so something is obviously not right.

A few months ago I noticed the battery level in my Hellvape Arez was showing half charge after only 50 hits, I put in a good freshly charged 40T, left it overnight and the next day it was reading just over 4V. I repeated it with another good battery and got the same results. The mod didn't do this when I got it - the problem developed after a few weeks usage, and is far worse than any Yihi board's 'normal' parasitic drain.

Chronic parasitic drain is caused by a fault - I'm not referring to the higher than normal drain that Yihi believe is acceptable.

I did reset of the mod as well just before I've put a fresh battery in...I think it's sucking too much battery on standby if I don't turn it off manually. That switch off after 2 min is supposed to turn off the mod automatically but I only need a single touch to turn it back on instead of 5 clicks when I turn it off manually from the menu

So I stopped using the mod just before 10 pm last night turned it off manually. This morning the voltage dropped from 3.3 V to 3.1 V...and when I fired it went down to 2.7V instantly and started saying low battery.

So I stopped using the mod just before 10 pm last night turned it off manually. This morning the voltage dropped from 3.3 V to 3.1 V...and when I fired it went down to 2.7V instantly and started saying low battery.

Yeah, that's too much unless your battery is totally knackered.

I'm saying faulty now.

Put a post up on the submonkey F.B page see what they have to say as i thought they had a good warranty
back up system in place.
You could even drop a email to Dicodes as the board should have a 2 yr warranty.

Back
Top Bottom