What's new

Squonking problems...

Gert Meyers

Postman
My first squonker mod (an Eleaf pico squeeze) arrived yesterday, so I was dead keen to convert one of more of my RDTAs to squonkers.

First up, my fave Profile Unity mesh.

Well, ran into problems immediately because I couldn't remove the screw in the 512! It turned about a half turn and that was IT. Stuck...

Then my Geekvape Zeus single coil, fresh out of the box. Removed two pins from the 512 but couldn't find a squonk pin in the box?!?

Finally my older Vandyvape Pyro single coil. Removed one screw and replaced it with the squonking pin from the box and no problemo!

The Pico Squeeze works well to, so great!

But what about the Profile Unity and Zeus? What am I doing wrong there?

The Unityy & Zeus are not designed for squonking, very few RTAs actually are. Most squonkers are RDAs with a few RDTAs. Sticjking a squonk pin in an RTA is likely to cause leaking if it does. The Pyro works because it is designed to.

My first squonker mod (an Eleaf pico squeeze) arrived yesterday, so I was dead keen to convert one of more of my RDTAs to squonkers.

Well, ran into problems immediately because I couldn't remove the screw in the 512! It turned about a half turn and that was IT. Stuck...

Then my Geekvape Zeus single coil, fresh out of the box. Removed two pins from the 512 but couldn't find a squonk pin in the box?!?

Finally my older Vandyvape Pyro single coil. Removed one screw and replaced it with the squonking pin from the box and no problemo!

You've made my day :jawdrop:

lol. @StrawberryRipple I had a similar reaction.

You've only got one RDTA, in that list. That's the Pyro. @nwhornet lays it out, perfectly.

Er yes wot they said ;)

when looking for a squonk atty my primary considerations beyond the usual ability to provide the required draw, are focused on the build area and juice well.

To start with and probably forever you will have a tendency to over squonk, So you will NEED an atty with a large enough juice well to contain a full squeeze.
a shallow juice well will allow juice to meet the seal of the cap and eventually weep out or worse you could pull the cap and release the shmoo ;)

Also ensure the juice in port is LOW down, as juice will not drain from below its level..

And you will want ample space to place your choice of coil and ample wick.

there is a bit more to BF dripper selection than your usual dripper.

hope thats helpful

Last edited:
The Unityy & Zeus are not designed for squonking, very few RTAs actually are. Most squonkers are RDAs with a few RDTAs. Sticjking a squonk pin in an RTA is likely to cause leaking if it does. The Pyro works because it is designed to.

Ahhh.

So what's the small detachable screw at the bottom of the Zeus and Profile for?

None of my other atomisers have it.

Thanks ALL! :):)

Any suggestions for good squonkable tanks?

Ahhh.

So what's the small detachable screw at the bottom of the Zeus and Profile for?

None of my other atomisers have it.

Thanks ALL! :):)

Any suggestions for good squonkable tanks?
It's so that the seperate parts of the deck can be removed to replace the insulators.

Of you can find one, the geekvape medusa was classed as a rdta. Huge dual coil bugger. Very good flavour and massive well.
Tbh with a single cell mod it's always been wiser to go with single coil rda 's.
we had a couple of years of excellent one's appearing.
the phsyclone hadaly still strikes me as the best for flavour but there's time of options and clones galore.
the narda and o atty have become legend. Drop and profile excellent for bigger coils.
check out the squonk section. Loads of choice at all price points.

Someone remind me again what RDA and RTA stand for? Or RDTA?

Rebuildable ***** Atomiser...

Back
Top Bottom