What's new

Smoktech X2 or iClear 30?

Uisgemann

Postman
I've been thinking about trying out a dual coil clearo and was planning on picking up an iClear 30 in a couple of weeks, but then I spotted the Smoktech X2. I'm using a Kanger T3S and a Vivi Nova just now, and I'm happy with both but keen to try other things too. The X2 caught my eye because it seems to be based on a Nova, which I'm really enjoying, but it's the first time I've come across this before so I was hoping perhaps somebody had had a wee go on one and might be able to advise me on how it compares to the iClear 30.

The other thing I've been contemplating is a Protank II, but I'm not sure if I want to go for the fullsize version or the mini. Is there any actual difference between the two other than the capacity?

Other than Kayfuns I use the iclear 30's and I love them. They suck the juice up a as they are dual coil but the flavour is great and IMHO are significantly better than the T3's and Nova's and I've not had a leak on any of them yet (and I've got 8 or 9 of them). I've tried the Protanks but they were just too airy for me. As always it's personal preference but they are the only budget type ones I use and I've probably tried around 20/30 others. If you do get them make sure you wash them out first as they tend to come with that 'machined' smell to them.

I find the 30s far too tight a draw and very unrewarding...so much so that the first one got sent back to China because I thought it must be faulty given the glowing reports from other users. The replacement is going to my lovely neighbours to see if they like it as it was exactly the same.

No experience with the X2, sorry.

Cheers for the info guys. It seems like it's pretty subjective then, so I guess I'm probably best giving them both a shot and seeing what I like best. Reckon I'm going to pick up a protank II and a unitank pretty soon as well, so I'll report back here with the results when I've given them all a thorough run-through.

Cheers

We sell X2's ProTanks and iClear30's

I prefer the x2 to the iClear30 though there's not a lot in it. The X2 uses a 510 drip tip and you can use the metal vivi nova tanks on them and 510 drip tips. So they're a bit more customisable. You get more heads in an X2 kit to start with, they both vape pretty well for what they are, you need to tip them both fairly often to keep the wicks wet, as is the case with all top coiled designs.

I think the iClear is a bit too big and it's wicks slop up a fair amount of juice every tankful, some of which is wasted.

Thanks for the response VaperCaper. I had a look at your site and there are a couple of things on there that I reckon I like the look of, but I can't see if there's a way to choose a delivery date. If I place an order today is it possible to defer delivery until next week? I'm onboard a ship just now and I'm not getting home until Wednesday (16.10.13), so ideally I wouldn't want it despatched until wednesday so that it would arrive no earlier than thursday. Is it possible to do that, or should I just wait until I get home to order it? The last thing I want is to wait to order it, and then find that one or more of the things I want is out of stock when I get back.

Cheers

It just goes to show the difference of opinions about anything really. I have two iClear 30`s and find the draw on them suites me fine, a cracking vape from them. I also have a Protank 2, again a great tank and gives good flavour. The only thing I found with the Protank is that it is a bit airy on the draw, but lessened it with a slightly thicker top wick when I did a recoil. It may also have something to do with the fact I have it sat on top an Innokin SVD. You have the two small air holes in the beauty ring plus the four notches on the base of the Pt 2. If I was forced to make a choice it would be the iClear for me though.

Back
Top Bottom