What's new

Smok V-Fin Battery Error

I may have to but will fiddle with it first. Was planning to wire two 18650's into it.
I will try a variable PSU on it first to see if I can work out what the correct supplies to it are.
Failing that, guess I will have to turn it into a paperweight.

I believe the two cells are wired in series and the 3rd white wire that's connected to the +- terminals is the balanced charging wire.

My only concern is that it's a fixed battery mod. So you can fiddle around as much as you like but once you've finished using it there's no option to remove the batteries. I don't think I would be too happy with a fiddled with fixed battery Smok mod laying around the house whilst I was asleep or out for the day. But that's me.

My only concern is that it's a fixed battery mod. So you can fiddle around as much as you like but once you've finished using it there's no option to remove the batteries. I don't think I would be too happy with a fiddled with fixed battery Smok mod laying around the house whilst I was asleep or out for the day. But that's me.
That is a very good point @Mitz I hear what your saying.

I've taken it apart and the batteries in it seem ok but they are 25600. Not that easy to come by. Will keep trying to get a bit of charge in them to see if it will kick start them. If not I may have to modify it with other batteries.
Thanks for the reply

Hello friend, I have a mod v fin and it has the same problem as yours, could you solve it?

Hello friend, I have a mod v fin and it has the same problem as yours, could you solve it?
Hi Brian, unfortunately once I stripped it down I took the decision to throw it away as modifying it with different batteries was probably not the way to go.
I bought 3 of these mods and two went the same way. I have 1 left that seems to still be working.
In all honesty I would cut your losses and get another mod as the V Fin really is not a good design, the batteries are rubbish.

One thing you can try and it sort of worked for me, is to try charging the mod. Plug the charger in for 1 minute then remove. Keep doing this for a while and it might kick start the batteries back to life.

Bought a Smok V Fin Xmas, unboxed and checked it worked and had about 50% charge in it. Switched it off and left it till now. Went to use it last night and it's showing battery error.
Seems to be it's totally lost its charge and won't work. Plugging the charging cord in just brings up the Battery Error message.
Any of you guys and girls had this problem and more importantly, found a fix for it.
I've just unboxed a brand new v fin and it says battery error. Have you found the problem.?

I may have to but will fiddle with it first. Was planning to wire two 18650's into it.
I will try a variable PSU on it first to see if I can work out what the correct supplies to it are.
Failing that, guess I will have to turn it into a paperweight.
I wired 18650s to mine and is now working as it should perfect! Shame we have to fiddle things

I've just unboxed a brand new v fin and it says battery error. Have you found the problem.?
Between me and my two sons we bought I think 6 of these. Only 1 remains working. The batteries are absolute crap in these.
I took one apart and as far as I remember they were 18500 size. I did think about wiring 2 18650's in them but havnt done so far. The wiring in the smok relies on a centre tap wire between the two batteries.
I decided at the time not to bother as I bought these cheap and have plenty of other mods.

Back
Top Bottom