What's new

Smok TFV4 glass stuck!!

spiderman101

Initiate
Hey guys, been vaping the tfv4 on the triple coil for about a week now, just gone to take it apart to try out the rba deck and I can't get the glass off the bottom part of the tank. Is it not meant to come off?
Thanks in advance. :)

It is meant to come off. Make sure that you are holding both the top metal section as well as the glass section tightly in your left hand while twisting the bottom metal part with your right hand, or vise versa if you are left handed. I have also found that after a while, it is very hard to take it apart, but it is possible.

It may also help to put the rubber ring on for extra grip.

Be careful, I cracked the glass using to much force,they dont sell them yet, I had to buy another tfv4 full kit with a spare glass in it

Hey guys, been vaping the tfv4 on the triple coil for about a week now, just gone to take it apart to try out the rba deck and I can't get the glass off the bottom part of the tank. Is it not meant to come off?
Thanks in advance. :)
Jimmydids had the same problem and broke the glass trying to get it off.

I think the massive heat produced welds the seal to the glass, it's probably a good idea to routinely take it apart every couple of days.

rubber gloves and warm water worked for me :)

for the sarcy amongst you - just don't ;)

I've had it happen with mine, be very careful removing it, make sure you put the top section back to provide some support, and turn both top section and glass together - failing that try soaking the base section in very hot water which will soften that silicon O-ring. Make sure you put some juice round the seal and the rim of the glass before you put everything back together...

I lightly sanded the bottom and top of the glass and its been fine since.

When I first got it, I found it hard to get off, its just stuck in to a rubber groove though, nothing special... Just wiggle it and eventually it'll come off.

Heat can cause the glass and steel to expand at different rates and seize the two parts together. My wife has this problem with her tank though it's a different model. She puts hers in the freezer for a couple of minutes then the parts come apart easily. Perhaps this might work with yours.

Back
Top Bottom