What's new

Smok Skyhook rdta box fault

I've been wanting a skyhook since I saw it I've always had smok and never had any issues with them running a Alien 220 w with the baby beast and a cube with a tvf12 and both are fantastic as all day vapes after trawling through this feed I'm now starting to think that I should perhaps look elsewhere for a similar device gutted that smok haven't perfected the skyhook the spec is amazing so with that in mind does anyone have any suggestions for a Similar device ?
Im on my third Skyhook now,this one's been working great(fingers crossed) for the last few weeks,so hopefully I've got a good one now,but I would probably hold off buying one till Smok sort out some of these issues

Only similar device is the Ijoy rdta box,but imo it's ugly as sin...lol
Sorry,didn't mean to offend anyone that has one,just my opinion

Issue with black and red version of the device during battery swaps...

I expanded the top of the device and there you can get to part of the panel, panel has a insulation tape that stops a wire connecting to the board, if it fails to turn on after battery swap, try placing the insulation back into place to stop the wire touching any other components of the board. mine working back as usual.

Had my black and red one since 27 January and (touch wood) not a single problem.

No battery issues, not a single leak and no paint flaking.

Maybe i got a good one, but still love it.

Well i had the same issue whit mine and i kept on looking around to find out the problem i just tight it up the deck really well tight and it startet to fire and kept testing it and no problems let's see if it does the same thing!! And i don't have leakage problems with mine.
And i have been searching around and seeing all the skyhook mods and mine haves a little ligth on top of the tank. Oh and btw i have the gunmetal black one

Well i had the same issue whit mine and i kept on looking around to find out the problem i just tight it up the deck really well tight and it startet to fire and kept testing it and no problems let's see if it does the same thing!! And i don't have leakage problems with mine.
And i have been searching around and seeing all the skyhook mods and mine haves a little ligth on top of the tank. Oh and btw i have the gunmetal black one
Yeah that worked at first but then the plastic spacer starts to deteriorate and results in shorting between the post and the deck. My newest is the grey and black aswell.

Mine's started leaking very slowly in the last week or so,but have no idea where from,when I leave it over night with juice in the reservoir,there's juice mounted up on the battery door,anyone with this issue and maybe a fix for it?

I think i saw the problem and is a inner leakage like the ijust tank, I think that is the problem for the "no coil" & "short atomizer" noticed i will open mine and post a video to youtube and send you guys the link to how to fix the problem, because that is a common problem for all of us skyhook lover's. Cheers from Puerto Rico

Does anybody out there have one, or is it just me? And if you do, does it work properly?

Mine was working for half an hour out of the box, all I had to do was wick it, and now I'm getting an error message saying 'no coil'.

Nothing I can do will remove this, so the shiny new mod is now totally fucking useless.

If you've got one, or had one, have you had this problem?
Yeah I had the same problem ..... it's a simple fix.
Where the deck meets the body of the mod there is a clear seal/o ring .... they are a bit too thick and you need to flatten them out a bit .... take it off and lay it flat on a work top.
Get a coffee cup and roll over the o ring a few times to compress it a bit.
Then replace the o ring onto the deck and screw it down tightly ... I use a pair of log nose pliers.
The positive post doesn't make a proper contact because of the chunk of ring .
Thus will probably sort it for you ....
Mark

Back
Top Bottom