What's new

SMOK MAG 225W Battery charging

Encomiendero

Hi, im new here, i bought my very own smok mag 225, it only comes with 1 usb cable. My friend told me to use the external charger from my old SOB outlaw. Its much safer than using the usb for charging. (its my first time using a variable, been a full mech user for quite sometime). Any suggestions?

My second question since im new to the variable what would be the best settings for my smok. I know you can use 3 different settings for the mag, i am kinda curious with the temp (im too scared to play it with) any suggestions? Thanks for replying.

Yes, use a proper charger. And it's recommended to keep your cells in matched sets (always use the same cells together, preferably from new, no mixing and matching).

You need specific coil material for temp control - there's a whole section dedicated to it though, so plenty of info available. Some people love it, some hate it, I am spectacularly indifferent...

Yes, use a proper charger. And it's recommended to keep your cells in matched sets (always use the same cells together, preferably from new, no mixing and matching).

You need specific coil material for temp control - there's a whole section dedicated to it though, so plenty of info available. Some people love it, some hate it, I am spectacularly indifferent...
... Thanks for the reply. That's why ive noticed from the store they are selling coils that are different. I think i can grasp the concept. Thanks a lot bro

... Thanks for the reply. That's why ive noticed from the store they are selling coils that are different. I think i can grasp the concept. Thanks a lot bro

Not many stock coils are compatible with temp control.

You'll have a raft of options for coils for a smok tank (if it's a standars tank), with round wire, mesh, multiple mesh - maybe one or two are TC compatible, maybe not...

Generally, you'll build your own coils for TC.

As @pdg says stick with wattage only, the only other setting you can play with vape wise are the pre-heat but the standard normal is the best anyway and better for coil life.

Assuming you had the TFV12 Prince tank included.

Ideally you need to get a bubble glass for extra juice capacity then you can use these:
SMOK TFV12 Prince Replacement Dual Mesh
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9660201

They are the best coils I've used on my Mag & Prince.

Last tip is if you want to make the Mag perform at it's best is get a Freemax Mesh Pro tank for it, far better the the Prince.

Buy it from China and you don't have the tiny 2ml capacity instead you get a decent 5/6ml juice capacity, mesh and 2ml sucks.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3006/10014768/9666215

Freemax.jpg

Not many stock coils are compatible with temp control.

You'll have a raft of options for coils for a smok tank (if it's a standars tank), with round wire, mesh, multiple mesh - maybe one or two are TC compatible, maybe not...

Generally, you'll build your own coils for TC.
one more question bro.. clapton coil? is it good for the mag? for temp?

one more question bro.. clapton coil? is it good for the mag? for temp?
Temp control isn't really worth bothering with stock coils, I only use TC in RDA's for squonking where dry hits are more likely.

Kanthal isn't suitable for TC.

If you really want to go down the TC road with the Prince then you need to start doing your own coils with the Prince RBA and use SS316L wire, the RBA is very good and will save you a small fortune but even then TC isn't that effective on the Mag, Smok haven't got TC quite right and the temperature was inconstant so I found myself just going back to wattage only.

But as mentioned above the best upgrade for the mag is a Freemax Mesh Pro tank, it's a whole new level of flavour and clouds, also worth a mention is the newer Smok TFV8 Baby V2 with dual mesh coils (V2 is important as it's far superior than the V1) but again make sure you get it with a bubble glass.

Back
Top Bottom