What's new

Single Coil RTA Recommendations

Nostradamus

Postman
Hello Apes,

My AMMIT 25 packed in after a year and a half of heavy use.

I have a Hellvape Destiny RTA as a back up but I don't really like this RTA, I always have trouble accessing the build deck (I'm a noob I know)

Much to my disappointment the AMMIT 25 is now discontinued it appears, so I'm looking for a recommendations of a similar RTA. Would prefer it to be 24mm or 25mm, single coil, and easy access to the build deck. PS I don't like MTL vaping.

Thank you for your time :)

I like the Zeus x RTA, can be used in single or dual coil mode and can swap the deck for a mesh deck if that is something you would like also. As a mesh RTA the Profile unity RTA is pretty good also, I have a clone but I imagine the genuine one is exactly the same.

If you can still get it the Digiflavour Pharaoh Mini is a good tank, easy to build on and doesn't leak once you get the wicking as it likes to be :)

Edit: A few on eBay

I've had a Kylin Mini V2 for a month now, for a single coil RTA, I love it, on par with the Zeus X RTA with a dual build, great flavour, top to bottom honeycomb air flow (that's quiet), easy to build n wick, 24.4mm diameter.
You do need to make sure your coils are wound the right way, but if you make your own, not a problem.

I like the Zeus x RTA, can be used in single or dual coil mode and can swap the deck for a mesh deck if that is something you would like also. As a mesh RTA the Profile unity RTA is pretty good also, I have a clone but I imagine the genuine one is exactly the same.

I agree the Zeus X RTA is very good, but I find it performs best in dual mode, single mode is very airy and the flavour tends to suffer for it. Have you tried it in single mode? Would love some advise if you have and had good results.:2thumbsup:

If you dont mind mesh, id highly recommend the profile rta. The horror stories online make it sound like you need a phd to build and wick this, on the contrarty its quite easy if you follow the guide someone created on here

I agree the Zeus X RTA is very good, but I find it performs best in dual mode, single mode is very airy and the flavour tends to suffer for it. Have you tried it in single mode? Would love some advise if you have and had good results.:2thumbsup:
I've not used it much with singles, but when I have, I close the airflow off about half way and usually use it at a much lower wattage. I've not had it that long and only have some really crap quality kanthal coils that seem to leave a bad taste in my mouth after a day or so, even after cleaning them they still taste like crap.

Right now I'm actually using the .4 ohm Ni80 claptons that came with it, they seem pretty good

If you dont mind mesh, id highly recommend the profile rta. The horror stories online make it sound like you need a phd to build and wick this, on the contrarty its quite easy if you follow the guide someone created on here
The official wotofo guide on youtube is basically the way it should be done, gotta make sure you cut the wick at an angle and get them nice and fluffy, wicks like a dream when you get it right.

I've not used it much with singles, but when I have, I close the airflow off about half way and usually use it at a much lower wattage. I've not had it that long and only have some really crap quality kanthal coils that seem to leave a bad taste in my mouth after a day or so, even after cleaning them they still taste like crap.

Right now I'm actually using the .4 ohm Ni80 claptons that came with it, they seem pretty good

I'm experimenting with SS316L and TC at the moment and so far so good. I have a range of different wire that will probably keep me going for a couple of years and can't see me deviating from SS to be honest, even running my Zeus X mesh on SS.

I run the Zeus X RTA in dual mode with the airflow down to about 1/3, with 3mm coils, a bit of a restricted DTL I suppose. Tried several variants in single mode, went up to a 4mm juggernaut with the airflow almost closed but still not great. Oh well keep persevering...

Back
Top Bottom