What's new

Should a batteries life last longer?

AcidVenud

Postman
Ok so I have 2 pairs of batteries. I have the same wrap on both so I'm unsure how long I've had them. If I assume it's my oldest pair I've had them just 4 months.

I always use them until empty and never take them off charge until full. I've always used the external charger.
Now I've just taken these off charge and had just 2 puffs and the pic shows the battery reading.

Even with one charge per day I would have thought 4 months is a fairly short life span. They're good batteries and a good charger bought from fogstar. Xtar charger, Samsung batteries.

Maybe it's a one off? So I'll use until drained again and see what happens on the next charge. How long do you typically get on your batteries before replacing?
20180909_005650.jpeg

It all depends on the battery rating, watts you vape at, and how often you use it, ie chain vaper or low user.
But looking at the photo it seems as though one battery has started to fail if they have been a married pair in that mod all the time.

Looks like my Wismec RX 2 screen. If it is and im guessing so then usualy the right battery will drop a little followed shortly by the left. Sort of drops/reduces in sequence. But when it happens its much smaller drop than that shows. And takes quite a number of puffs/drags before it does. Just how the wis works.
But that dont look right at all. Left before the right and by so much indicates a battery problem to me.
Ps, 4 mths is a pretty quick fail in my books. Can happen with anything though.

Last edited:
Recharge the batteries and try again but it looks like one of the cells is fucked.

I never drain my batteries to empty i always keep em pairs so that i use the same batteries in the same mod every time and use a label printer to print off the dates when i first got them that way i no when i first got em and when i need to get new ones they normally need changing about every year.
You can pick these hand held printers up from Ebay or Amazon from about £ 15.00 maybe less now they are worth getting one as i found sticky paper labels were useless as they kept falling off and a sharpie pen just rubs off.........

I have batteries that are two years old and still going strong, but I mainly MTL, so they are only charged twice a week, if that. As @BULLDOG1964 has said, it's not good to drain your batteries, I recharge mine when they've discharged by two thirds.

I would check if the wraps intact because the last time 1 of my battery wraps had a tear in it it did this .

Thanks for the replies. Giving it one more go then I'll check. Thanks for the advice about draining batteries. I always thought it was better for batteries life to empty them and recharge. So I always thought I mistreat my phone because I only ever let it get down to about 30%.

Interesting point about the wrap, I checked them and there is a very small opening. Is it dangerous to use even with such a small hole, I've been told to be careful of any tears.

Attached a picture of the wrap.
1536488126587.jpeg

Thanks for the replies. Giving it one more go then I'll check. Thanks for the advice about draining batteries. I always thought it was better for batteries life to empty them and recharge. So I always thought I mistreat my phone because I only ever let it get down to about 30%.

Interesting point about the wrap, I checked them and there is a very small opening. Is it dangerous to use even with such a small hole, I've been told to be careful of any tears.

Attached a picture of the wrap. View attachment 172178
Rewrap it. I wouldn't use it like that. If you haven't got a wrap, insulation tape will do temperarily . BTW, it is ni-cad batteries that require a full discharge not lithium ion.

i feel your pain @AcidVenud
im getting the same on 2 of my mods. all batts paired and charged together. all 30Q and latest pair are only a month old and A is draining faster now after about 2 weeks of use. i will try to remember to switch them round on their next charge. this is on my new vaporesso polar.

B is almost totally drained on my alien while A is on half. these batts are about 3-4 months old.
just charging them now and A showing 42% while B 28% even though looks totally drained in mod.

Capture.JPG

so a question i have.
if 2 of the batts are naffed after a short time and i dump them would it be ok to pair up the other two which were used in different mods and carry them on as paired.
now i have got the dragon charger with the testing prongs but have never used them.
what would be the best way to test these batteries. as they are now or when fully charged or both.

Back
Top Bottom