What's new

Rewickable coils

omroth

Postman
Hey guys.

Back in the day I used to rewick a nature vape coil for my aero tank 2 every day. Are there any tanks/coils out there (probably 0.5-1ohm ish, MTL) which are rewickable without needing to rebuild? I dont really want to make my own coils.

(Nautilus coils would be especially useful)

Cheers,
Ian

I don't think there is, to be honest other than those NV coils I don't know of anything similar at all.

Realistically you'll be better off with an RTA, you can buy pre-made coils if you really don't want to wind them, but that's where most of us end up.

As said anove look for an rta.
Much better than recycling stock coils and a lot less fiddly to do.
Would be much quicker too I'm sure.

Another vote for RTAs. It's not difficult at all. Plenty of help will be available here too.

Thanks all. I've found an Aspire 9th RTA for a tenner so I'm going to start there!

Pretty disappointed with the taste from my first try. Put in some juice which has a very strong flavour with my Nautillus GT (0.7ohm at 16.5w) but it tastes of almost nothing with the 9th RTA deck with a 0.5 coil at even 22w.

I was expecting a big completely fresh wick to have a strong taste... could it be the wire? Or am I mistaken and the Nautillus atomisers are very good?

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_145406_932.jpg
    IMG_20210413_145406_932.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 38
If you are using the RBA deck have you changed the pin for the narrow bore one (it screws into the base of the RBA)? The one fitted as standard is the RDL pin which will probably be useless for an MTL vape.

If you are using the standard pin, try changing it to see if that boosts the flavour

I tried the MTL pin but it was a really uncomortably tight draw. I'll try it again.

Is a 0.5ohm coil at 20W just not going to get hot enough with the airflow of the DL pin? I do like the warmth I suppose.

The MTL pin is a tiny bit better.

I get plenty of clouds, but I can hardly taste or feel it, compared to the Nautilus with the same juice (and approximate Ohm). Maybe my expectations are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom