What's new

Recommend me a new mod?

I got a double barrel v3 yesterday despite some negative reviews on here. It was to replace my asmodus reborn which died after a fairly short innings. I'm loving it so far, mech like simplicity and feels really nice in your hand. I guess it's not for everyone and it weighs a tonne too but I don't mind that, you can do bicep curls with it. Hoping it lasts well.

Here we are again, my double barrel v3 is on its last legs, the fire button is starting to play up. Loved this mod, but 4 months life is a record even with my previous, don't know if warranties exists for these, doubtful. So I'm looking for a new mod, no frills, dual 18650. I'm kind of tempted to get another double barrel but that seems a bit silly. Also considering that geekvape mod with the big crazy screen.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Have you considered taking it apart and cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol? I did that to mine when I had the same problem and it carried on for another month, although I think they are prone to leaking through the 510, which is what happened to mine.
If you are not confident there are people on here that will do it for you such as @Vapaneezer Scrooge although he is quite busy with his NHS PPE project at the moment, or @KytanDale perhaps.
If you are set on a new mod the Aegis x, the one you mention, is a great mod or the Vaporesso gen very light and a great chip in it. Good luck

Thanks for the reply, I have taken it apart and cleaned it, not with alcohol though so maybe I'll give that a go. Lots of juice getting inside somehow. I've ordered an aegis legend anyhow, it was cheaper than the X version and I didn't feel the need for the big screen. Also ordered a RDA with top airflow to minimise any leaking, fingers crossed.

I've just bought three new mods, aegis x, vaporesso gen and puma. All take 2 18650's, all fire to around 200w

The aegis feels like it could withstand a hurricane, but it's heavy. The gorgeous screen means a little hit on battery life but not much.

The puma is so light, but feels like a leaf could knock it over. It's tiny and fits perfectly in the hand, it's the one I tend to grab when out and about because of that, but I feel if i dropped it I'd break it.

The gen is gorgeous, very tactile and light, great battery life and it's probably my favourite just because of how it looks.

I'd recommend all three.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom