What's new

Radio 5 Live

Dam just missed it tuned in and caught last 10 seconds, might look if there is a podcast to download, someone called me up to saying they were listening and it was interesting

Hi all. Well the Radio 5 live one wasn't too bad, but the radio 4 one (which I pre recorded yesterday) was edited almost beyond recognition! Grr!

Still, at least they are bothering to ask us to comment, so I suppose that's something! I remember when this MHRA nonsense first kicked off, I tried for MONTHS to get the BBC (or indeed ANY of the media) to realise that there was a story here, and that the public needed to know about it. It's just a shame that the MHRA are allowed to spout their utter nonsense and the BBC lets them! The vendor they spoke to was ill-informed too, talking about 'water vapour', which is entirely inaccurate, but broadly, we are getting the message out there, and at least it feeds the debate.

We're going more mainstream all the time, and the TV adverts will help with that too - especially if they continue to cause such a furore! I don't know about the Skycigs ones, as I said on the radio, but I do know that the Elites one, which will air on Saturday, has been approved by ClearCast (part of the Advertising Standards Authority ASA) so this should lead to even more interesting times.

Anyhoo, I need to get back to finalising our response to the European Commission, which I hope to be putting up on the blog later today.

Cheers all,

Katherine
(ECITA)

Here's the link for the radio 5 live programme http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pw4rq
It's only 7 minutes and starts at about 52 min in to help those searching. Katherine speaks well (as expected) but unfortunately the random Ecig user chosen to take part used them over two months and has now quit smoking ( and Vaping) and he wanted them to be promoted as a quit aid. The point about recreational nicotine use wasn't explored in such a short clip but Katherine made some good points.

Just listend to the show. I feel the conversion did not go the right way.
The emphasis should have been about e-cigs being a healthier alternative to Tobacco products and in no way recommended as a quit smoking device / product like what Medical alternatives are.

Unfortunatly, the gentleman they chose to interview alongside Katherine did infact use an e-cig to help him cut down and eventually give up his addiction to Nicotine. After 2months he does not even use an e-cig anymore.

But as I mentioned, we should not be promoting e-cigs in this way.
It will only lead the general public to believe that e-cigs are just like any other NRT product and ultimately we will lose our voice when we try to fight against companies and orgs that try to class e-cigs as a medical product.

Of course we know it's all about the liquid Nicotine as that is the only thing that they have left to fight us with. But the general public do not know this.
Shame it couldn't have been discussed more on that show.

Edit- Ninjad by Mark :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom