What's new

Question about fast charge

Missvapex

Postman
Good morning

so I’ve brought the Innokin adept zlide this weekend and says it quick charges

could someone tell me what I need to make it quick charge please do I need a different lead than that came with it and also what plug to use

a link would be helpful please

thank you x

It can charge at 2A I believe, so using a 2A charger will let you charge it the fastest.

There's quick charge and quick charge...

At a 2A charge rate you're probably looking at about an hour and half ish from flat. That's the quick charge option.

Which is faster than it taking about 3 hours on a 1A charger...

What charger are you using currently?

There's quick charge and quick charge...

At a 2A charge rate you're probably looking at about an hour and half ish from flat. That's the quick charge option.

Which is faster than it taking about 3 hours on a 1A charger...

What charger are you using currently?
Currently it’s just a 1amp and using the lead that came with the vape

Currently it’s just a 1amp and using the lead that came with the vape

Unless the lead is exceedingly poor quality, and I mean really really bad, it's not going to affect charging rates in the slightest.

I use any micro usb I can lay my hands on at the time for charging various stuff and there's literally no difference at all until the plugs wear out.

I installed charge monitor apps on a couple of tablets and also used a meter butchered into a home made power supply to verify this (re: poor quality and wear affecting charge rate).

Data transfer is a separate issue and much more finicky, but unless you're using your mod as a photo storage device that's irrelevant ;)

In my tests @pdg the cable can actually make a significant difference especially once it goes over the 1amp mark. I recently tested a mod that claimed up to 2 amp charging but I wasn’t even getting to the 1amp mark until I tried a few different cables and found one that allowed me to hit about 1.8 amps. Oh and most of the cables that come with mods are shite... had one mod that needed a firmware update out of the box and it wouldn’t work with the supplied cable, had to use a different one to do the update :P

In my tests @pdg the cable can actually make a significant difference especially once it goes over the 1amp mark. I recently tested a mod that claimed up to 2 amp charging but I wasn’t even getting to the 1amp mark until I tried a few different cables and found one that allowed me to hit about 1.8 amps. Oh and most of the cables that come with mods are shite... had one mod that needed a firmware update out of the box and it wouldn’t work with the supplied cable, had to use a different one to do the update :P

Yeah, I've seen a few bundled cables that don't have the data lines connected.

Other than that, I've not noticed a difference - all except the crappiest of the ones I tested allowed current at the rated capacity of the device, up to 2.1A.

In fairness, I only buggered around with about 10 cables so it's entirely possible I just picked out with a handful of reasonable ones.

One thing that always killed the charge rate was using a usb extension, barely 0.25A through a couple of those.

Back
Top Bottom