What's new

Pulse 80 SS Mode sub menu TCR settings help

I saw a thead about this a while ago but can't find it.

Trying to get to grips with my Pulse 80's TC mode, I made a simple plain wire SS316 24 gauge coil 8 or 9 wraps spaced, tested it out to be 0.41 ohms in my Recurve, whacke it on my Pulse mod and change it to SS temp (Celsius) started low and worked my way up, all seems fine.

The part I am stuck on is I have no idea what to set the TCR setting to, it defaults at SS1000 and it goes up from 800 to 1600.

I've had TC mode on my wraith but never come across this setting before and don't want to dabble until I know what it affects.

Be gentle I'm still new to this TCR malarky

the SS316 setting should be right already .... if you were using a wire that doesn't have a setting already like NiFe60 or whatever you'd need to put the TCR value in manually.

Thanks for that, eased my mind, it's vaping great and no dry hits so far, until I learn more I doubt I will be straying from SS316 wires.

Using my Pulse 80 to train on while I wait for my Therion BF DNA 75c mod.

It's "temperature coefficient of resistance" ... which is simply how much the resistance changes with the temperature of the wire and how temp control works.

you can look them up for each wire, find an accurate one if it seems 'out' on your mod.

SS316L: 0.00092

SS316: 0.000915

SS317L: 0.00088

SS317: 0.000875

SS304: 0.00105

SS430: 0.00138

SS410: 0.00155

these are the SS TCR values, for example.... if your mod just says 'SS' you could adjust it so make it more accurate because as you can see SS316 and SS316L are different.

Nothing bad will happen though, it may just mean you have your mod set at 200 degrees rather the 220 or whatever if the value is a bit out.

Fair play for taking the time to explain that, quite extreme differences.

Your earlier post makes more sense now, but forgive me for being thick but it sounds like I don't need to bother with it, just put the temp to what feels right? or should I be banned from TC mode and sit in the corner?

Your earlier post makes more sense now, but forgive me for being thick but it sounds like I don't need to bother with it, just put the temp to what feels right? or should I be banned from TC mode and sit in the corner?

TC isn't witchcraft (really), just a different mindset to wattage vaping. Enjoy tinkering especially with the 75c. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here to guide you. :)2

Yeah, I dabbled with it before but it's clicking together more, it's made me enjoy the Pulse 80 a lot more, the novelty of not getting dryish hits, I've been pushing it to almost dry cotton and the TC is cutting in a treat.

I also upgraded the firmware to V1.06 which is supposed to improve the TC.

So that's the under squonking sorted, need to sort the over squonking habit now after coughing my intestines out from spit back.

nope you don't need to, I've used TC a fair bit and never bothered with TCR values.... yup just set the temp where you like it. :)

I’ve been playing around with the custom curves a bit today but in wattage mode for my ni80 builds, getting a really nice vape now (sort of a cheating way of getting the TC style vape I used to before but you can’t free TC with ni80 :( ) I’ve been burning cotton if I took a long pull around 45-50w, I’m slowly getting it sorted to have a nice fast ramp up then hits the sweet spot for a second or so and gradually goes down to give me a nice 5-6 second pull :)

Back
Top Bottom