What's new

Profile RDA 510 Pin

JohnNada

Achiever
Got one of these recently and it has the squonk pin fitted so I took it out to fit the standard 510 but it's too short to connect to the screw that holds the ceramic plate and spring in place.

It's working great otherwise, and I'm not seeing any leaks through the squonk pin, but I'd prefer to have it set up in drip mode.

That’s odd. I’ve got both of their drippers and both work fine with the non squonk pin. You might want to return it as that sounds like a manufacturing error

Assuming it’s the same as the rdta, I had the take the pin out and then unscrew it from a barrel which connects the true 510 part to the internal screw. It was seized in and I needed to use pliers.

That’s odd. I’ve got both of their drippers and both work fine with the non squonk pin. You might want to return it as that sounds like a manufacturing error

I bought it used but all bits and bobs are present and correct. I think Onion might be onto something though...

Assuming it’s the same as the rdta, I had the take the pin out and then unscrew it from a barrel which connects the true 510 part to the internal screw. It was seized in and I needed to use pliers.

That could be it mate, it I'll have a closer look next time I need to rewick it.

Cheers guys!

Finally got around to taking this apart and like @onion said, the pin was seized in the barrel. All sorted now though :)

I
@JohnNada I just got the profile today and encountered the same issue. How did you get the squonk pin out?

Unscrew from the deck side and the whole 510 assembly will come out. Once out I used a set of pliers to grip the round brass bit while I unscrewed the squonk pin. You could try some rubber gloves first to prevent any marking but it’s all hidden away anyway.

I don’t understand why they arrive done up so tight.

Back
Top Bottom